Chapter 12

The Vampires Slave

Chapter 12

The hands around my neck kept choking me, though what Nathalie lacked in strength, she sure made up for with enthusiasm. I fought to get air back into my lungs, pulling it in, in small raspy gasps. My hands were flailing around, as I tried to get a good grip on her. Though I only managed to get a few weak punches into her, along with a few scratches. I finally got a good handful of hair into my hand, yanking it, while weakly pounding against her head with my other. My vision became more blurry as the lack of oxygen didn't go unnoticed by my body. I knew though, if she kept this up, I'd soon slip off into unconsciousness. The thought alone sent panic through me, causing me to smack her with renewed panic-fuelled strength. The sleepiness didn't worry me, as my struggle sent plenty of adrenalin through my body. I heard my heart pound loudly in my ears, blending out every other sound, except for my ragged gasps and Nathalies grunts. Nathalie eased off with her strangling. I instantly pulled air into my lungs, grunting and groaning because of my throat. She must have bruised it by now. The pounding in my ears slowly disappeared. The renewed supply of oxygen left me dizzy, limp and helpless as Nathalie yanked me up into a sitting position to drag me into the bathroom by my shoulders. I could hear faint footsteps echoing in the hall.

She let me sack down against the tiled wall, while she quickly closed the bathroom door. Simultaneously, the room door opened as someone came in from the hall. Nathalie listened for a moment by the door, before turning on both the cold and hot water faucets on the sink to tune out my moans. I tried to scream, hoping to catch the attention of whomever was in the other room. Though the hope for my rescue diminished again as I heard the door in the other room open and close again. Apart from the flowing water, everything was quiet again. That's when Nathalie turned back to me to resume her work as she straddled me again. Warm hands found their way back to my neck, circling around my throat. I tried to raise my arms, though they felt shaky and suddenly very heavy. Darkness circled my vision as the lack of air became more and more threatening. Nathalie loomed over me, glaring with her icy blue eyes. My eyelids began to drop, which she must have taken as a sign of my demise. She left off on the strangling, watching me trying to pull air into my lungs. I didn't succeed, as sobs began to jerk through me. The desperately needed air continued to escape me, even though her hands had left my neck. She stood quietly, turning off the water as she left, leaving the bathroom door open.

The world blurred around me as I saw Lace standing in the doorway. He quickly paced over to me, staring at my bruised neck as he went. A confused grunt left him as he picked me up and ran from the room, taking me with him. 

*Prince Leviathans P.O.V.*

I mounted my horse and rode to the eastern border of the kingdom. I wanted to say goodbye to the girl but as I walked into my room to get my boots, she was still in the shower. I wanted to see the destruction of the village for myself. The guards rode ahead about half an hour ago but I was sure I would catch up with them in no time. I rode fast and the fresh air felt nice as it rushed past me. I rode for about an hour and caught sight of the guards ahead of me. One of the carriages with medicine was broken down in a little clearing. I came to a halt near the carriage and gave the reins to a guard that stood near me. Apparently the carriage hit a pothole and the left back wheel was gone. I sent some guards into the bushes to search for the wheel and emptied the bags on my horse, they were all filled with bottles of blood. Then I went to the carriage and packed medicine into the pockets. I led a doctor up to sit on my horse with his assistant and sent the other carriage with it to the border. I then told some guards to ride with them for protection against thieves in the forest. I shouted instructions to the other guards and we soon had the carriage fixed. It wasn't fixed properly but it would hold until we got to the village. I mounted a horse and pulled the guard it belonged to up to sit behind me as we continued to go to the village. It had taken a while to get the carriage fixed and I was glad that I had sent some medics up ahead. I was sure that they had already gotten there and were helping save lives.  

We rode for a long time and finally arrived at the village. The guard that rode with me got off as we stopped. I sat on the horse in shock and disbelief. Little children where running around crying for their mothers and fathers. I got off the horse and led it over and tied it to a post and walked through the village. A little girl came running up to me and I picked her up. She looked at me with big scared blue eyes. I carried her over to a doctor to have her checked out. She was scared and wouldn’t let go of my hand, so I sat with her until the doctor was finished. The doctor searched through his bag and the girl looked at me nervously. Until the doctor pulled out a lollipop and handed it to her. She smiled and took it quickly. I picked her back up and walked through the village as she pointed to a house that looked like it was almost burnt to the ground. I put her back on the ground as I walked in with her and she pulled me to a room that looked like it was her parents bedroom. There was a woman lying next to the bed. I walked over and picked up the woman. She looked like she was beaten badly and I brought her to a medic tent. The little girl smiled at me and sat down next to her mother as the doctors started working on her. The village looked as though it was brushed by death itself and it made me angry that people would do this kind of thing. I helped build up more medical tents and went into the forest with some human teenagers to collect wood. It obviously was good for them to be away from their destroyed homes for a while as we searched for fire wood.