Part 1a: The Beginning

"I don't know why you just assume it without any fact." The dark-skinned girl frowns at the Chinese boy.

"So? How do you know it's an assumption and not a true fact?" The Chinese boy crossed his arms.

"Woah, woah guys...and girl, can't we get along just once?" Another boy threw his arms up. "I'm serious. Every literal single time we are together someone has to fight...or make a silly argument about some silly tv show that—can we all just get along? Just look at Mateo and Nikolai." The others turn to face the two.

Mateo, whose arm was around Nikolai's small frame, looked up from the book he was sharing. The wind from the sea ruffled his chocolatey locks. His light brown eyes sparkled in amusement. He smiled at his 4 other friends. Niko also looked up, closing the book in the process. Niko looked different than Mateo. He had platinum blonde hair and very blue eyes. Niko was a lot younger than the rest of them and everyone treated him like a baby, tons of cheek pinching and head pats...all besides one, Mateo, Niko appreciated him for that.

"It's kind of true. Reza does have a point here. Jian, Adanna, I really don't know how to help you. I mean, seriously, if you want to know what happens then just ask Niko." Mateo looked down at Nikolai in his arms. "You have watched it right?" Niko smirked and nodded.

"You guys wanna know what happens to the mains in the end?" Niko said evilly.

"No!!!!" Jian and Adanna both shrieked at the same time, making the other's laugh.

"I'm going to tell you anyways." Niko leans back onto the side of Mateo's chest. He closes his eyes and exhales. "They both get married. Turns out the murderer is the good guy and the brother of the main character is the bad guy. They get married. You two should date."

"Them?!?" The boy identified as Reza snaps his head to Nikolai's direction. "Young fella, I think you need a time out." Niko looks at Mateo, a questioning look on his face. "Away from Mat. He is mine today." Niko's face dropped like a stone.

"Reza don't be so mean. Can't you see the child is trying to be good?" Mateo stroked Niko's hair as if he were stroking a cat.

Reza lifted a dark eyebrow at the boy and swiped his bangs fashionably. "You spoil the child too much Mat. He gets way too attached to you. Look what you have done to him, so clingy," he scolds his friend. "Go sit in the front of the ship. It's a time out."

Niko looks at Mateo, pleading him for freedom through his eyes. Mateo shrugged and shooed him away. Niko slinks towards the front of the ship. Mateo watches the 16-year-old go.

"He's sixteen Reza. Don't you think he should be freer to decide what he wants to do to his life? If you keep putting the boy in time out how is he going to learn? Let the child explore." Mateo turns his head to look at Reza.

"We are only eighteen Mat. He is also favoured by you so no. He should quit being so clingy and let me spend some quality time with my best friend. He is also blonde. He is also the youngest. He is also only sixteen. He is—," Reza was actually going on and on until Mateo cut him in mid-sentence.

"He is also a person with their own mind and can think for himself and is pretty much already mature," Mateo said calmly and slowly.

"No, that's because you like him. Like not in that friends type of way. Just admit it."

"Hmm...you might be right, too right." Mateo pretends to be agreeing with Reza. "Niko, get back here."

Reza sighs while Niko happily bounds back to Mateo, puts Mateo's arm around himself and snuggles in the other boy's side-chest. Reza smacks a hand onto his face.