"Good morning, Papa!"

The child on the chair, with the help of Felix, smiled broadly at him again. Claude was silent at the usual strange greeting.
It was 9 in the morning. Usually, refreshments were held around 3 or 4 p.m., a little more time after lunch. But Claude started summoning  the child into the palace at this time.

He didn't admit it, but  why did this change happen?It was only a month ago when the child woke him up from his sleep at Garnet Palace.

Even then, the child told him 'Good morning.' Of course, it was actually afternoon, not morning, when the sun was going to set , and Claude corrected the child with it.

#####################

On that day, Claude felt speechless without knowing why. There was no strange feeling in his chest.

That was the same now. Every morning, Claude would keep his mouth shut when the child spoke like she is now and stare at her face for a while.

Even more obscure was his strange behavior of repeatedly inviting a child to hear nothing special. Claude couldn't understand himself right now.
"Athy had a dream yesterday!"

"Dream..?"

"Athy, Papa, Lily, and Felix all went up the broom together, picked the stars and had fun with the moon!"

"What a weird dream."

Even though Claude's reaction was not so good, the child didn't care about it. It has always been like that.

"I played with papa on the clouds, and Athy was really happy, too."

Before he knew it, Claude was smiling. He was confused because he couldn't figure out what she was talking about, and he found it interesting to see the child glistening with her eyes glittering. On the other hand, he wondered, "Is this how children are originally like?"

In any case, it was a faint smile that came out of his lips, which he did not realize .

A maid who came to pour tea into the empty cup of Claude's was surprised to see him like that. The maid quietly stepped down after giving one glance to the child, who was still lively and cheerful .

The smile disappeared from Claude's lips. He went back to his expressionless face and stared at the child as if he had not smiled.

He had a slight headache, perhaps because he had been having insomnia again for some time. In the meantime, he felt as if he was feeling languid as he sat still in the warm sun.

"Papa, is that delicious?"

A familiar scent was spreading out from the newly brewed tea of the maid a little while ago. Every time he drink this tea, he find it like a habit.

Claud paused at the inquiring child.

"It's not enjoyed for its taste."

But perhaps curious, the child began to insist on drinking the same tea.

"The taste might be a little strong for the princess to enjoy."

"I want it, i want the same thing!"

Felix next to him has warned her, but the child did not back down. In addition, Felix expressed his warning  by exaggerating his chubby cheeks even more  stubbornly.

"Give it. If she wants it, you don't have to stop her."

Claude watched her and then she casually smelled its scent?

Of course, it wasn't for the sake of the child. He had a rather nasty idea. The tea would not fit the taste bud of a child who was drinking milk with sweetened chocolate on a daily basis anyway. So if she tasted that tea for herself, the child would have cried and regretted it at once.