Chapter 1

"Papa?"

Claude De Alger Obelia, frankly, has yet to find it 'fun' in living until that day.

No one dared to ask, but if anyone had asked him, "Why do you live?" probably Claude will casually answer , "I live because I don't have any reason to die."

"Papa!"

But the very day that I met a little creature that call me father.

Claude's life took a complete turn.

* * *

"Your Majesty, why did you leave so suddenly during the meeting?"

A rushed voice rang among the birds that were singing in splendor. Felix was already in the rush to follow a man ahead of him. But his heartless master still walked front, never slowing down his pace even once.

"furthermore, it's vandalism."

Felix rubbed his forehead, recalling what had happened in the conference room. It was not just a breakdown, but the round conference table and the papers placed on it were completely turned into ashes, so it was safe to say it was not a breakdown but a disposal.

"If you're going to keep nagging, don't follow me."

"Next time, please say something in advance. Wouldn't anyone be surprised?"

"Are there nothing more to say, today? That was the last time I left the conference room."

Felix stood absent-mindedly in his seat for a moment and belatedly followed him out of the door. Just before that, when I recalled the faces of the vassals who came into view, a sigh of wonder escaped him. Their face was all black and blue.

Oh, you deserved it. The young emperor's magic was especially powerful among the wizards in Obelia, to the point that objects in front of him can be easily crushed with a gesture.

So what Claude showed you today was mercy, next time you'll be ash. Ignorance will result in a warning.

"Oh, it was an ancient object made of 500 years of Rosanna's old fir tree......."

Felix felt deep sympathy for the fact that the national treasure, which had been rooted in the imperial chamber for a long time, had turned into ashes in an instant. But the culprit did not seem to have any remorse.

"It would have been better than cutting off their three tongues that yapped the whole time of the meeting."

"No, of course It's better, but......."

Felix was speechless with dry expression.

It was because I knew the person in front on him better than anyone else.
It's been 20 years since the two of them met. At any rate, it's time for words to be short, so I knew it was not an empty threat.

"Only 10 days ago, why don't you hit the princess of neighboring Castorea with the rain?" He made fun of her snake-like tongue and made Marquis Harkintos a body that could never be recognized anymore.
Felix groaned at the thought of the late Duke of Harkintos. Of course, the reason for his death was not only because he failed to watch his tongue, but also because of his alleged intimacy with Castorrea.

But I could guarantee that what he said about the empty spot beside Claude was the stupidest thing he'd ever done.

Why did the aristocrats, who had been trying to offer their daughters to the emperor until a few years ago, suddenly calmed down? How many people died outside the palace during that time, should we be able to figure out the number?

It should not be overlooked that the emperor, who usually had his own pick, became as cold as he was when it came to matters concerning the empress position.