Chapter 3

* * *

In my head, i roll my eyes.

The child was adverting her eyes with frightened face while the fragrant tea and cakes children might like were on the table.

Claude sat opposite her and observed the restless child from a while ago.

It was quite interesting when I brought my child with me on the spur of the moment,on a whim.But after a while, the curiosity began to rise again in my mind.

Is that your name, Atana?accia??'

When I saw her face filled with fear and nervousness, I began to think of the memories, her that I had forgotten.

For some reason, I can't remember, but it happened right after I killed all the concubines in Ruby Palace with my own hands.

'Interesting. I wonder how this thing will survive in accordance to its name’

That day he tried to kill the baby that was apparently his biological daughter, flesh and blood. But he eventually turned back and didn't do it.

"I didn't know you were mute”

"Hiccup."

Briefly after the maids, who were setting up refreshments, left the room, Claude lifted the teacup and opened his lips. Then the child had a startling hiccup.

"Well,It's so quiet that it's boring."

It was fun to have a small, palm-only interest which, that moment change your routine from time to time.

"Can't you talk?"

"A.. athy can talk."

After answering , the child smiled slightly awkwardly.

"Now, i've finally got to hear your voice. Why did you keep silent so far?"

When I asked her persistently, she looked helpless but, she just laughed.

"Your Majesty, I'm told that infants of her age are shy in the presence of strangers."

"Is that so?"

The answer came from Felix, who was standing next to him.

When I heard that, I thought it might be the case. From the standpoint of a child, it was scary and nervewrecking that the person they met for the first time was the one who picked them up and kidnapped them.

Claude looked at the child opposite him once more.

But the moment their eyes met, the child smiled with a look of feign bravery laced face again. Somehow I get a subtle feeling at her smile.

########################

Why are you laughing so impudently? Don't you know that you're going to die without being able to let out a single scream right now?

Come to think of it, it reminds to me that the child had followed him so easily, even though he was a stranger.

Hasn't anyone ever taught that kid to "never follow a stranger"? A few years ago, I remembered there was a woman who dared to stand in front of him at Ruby Palace.

When I came to think of it, I realized that I had been staring at Felix, who had been there for a while.

"Felix"
"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Get out."

It would be better to have one stranger than two.

Claude gently closed his eyes and issued a congratulatory message to Felix. If someone had looked into his mind, they might have been surprised to find out why he had done all this normal thinking.