Chapter 17- New Medication/First Argument

(Luna's POV)

Its 2 days later and I haven't slept much since from my Sleep Paralysis episode and my Dad is worried about me...so much in fact that he's booked an emergency appointment at this hospital before the show tonight. 

I wasn't in the best mood since I haven't slept much but I've been consuming a hell of a lot of caffeine just to stay awake which my Dad isn't happy about. 

And he wants me to go to the hospital to see whether I can have my Sleep Paralysis medication replaced or at least some sleeping pills because I have lost 2 days of sleep because of it all. But I have had unanswered questions answered since I now know that Sleep Paralysis is genetic and I have inherited it from Dad's side.

"Dad...why are you making me do this" I asked as we walked over to the hospital "because you need sleep baby; if we were at home I wouldn't have minded so much but we are on tour and there's dangerous aspects when on tour" Dad said "I just want to keep you safe baby and its also a good chance to properly understand how it affects you" Dad tried to be positive "I hate this; I never wanted to tell you in the first place" I grunted in frustration as we walked towards the front desk.

"Hallo; appointment for Luna Rose Kruspe" my Dad smiled at the receptionist "ah yes; just take a seat and he'll call you" she smiled I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the waiting room where it had a few kids over at the toy section. 

I sat upon a chair next to Dad and sighed heavily in defeat at the fact I may be put on new medication which my body has to get used to or I'll just be drugged with sleeping pills. 

"Lu baby; you know I love you but you cannot stop taking medication even if it doesn't work" Dad sighed heavily "oh wait what's that" Dad grabbed my nose as if I was a 2 year old "oh I have your nose; you can't smell anymore" Dad laughed trying to cheer me up I looked up at him and a smile formed its way upon my face; he really never fails to make me laugh.

"Can I have my nose back" I giggled lightly playing along with his game "only if you say that you love me" Dad smiled cute at me I rolled my eyes seeing how cute he was being "fine I love you very much" I smiled "aw my babygirl loves me" he smiled and placed my nose back "you're an idiot sometimes" I smiled "I'm only trying to cheer you up" he smiled.

"Luna Kruspe" a male doctor called me; we both stood up and started following this doctor to his room.

"Take a seat guys" he smiled as he sat at his desk; we followed and sat opposite him as he typed something upon his computer. 

"So what seems to be the problem" the doctor asked smiled at us "my daughter suffers from Sleep Paralysis and her medication has stopped working and she has very recently suffered an episode" my Dad explained; not like I was paying attention.

"Ok; I've already looked at your record and you've been on 2 types of medication dosing between 50-150mg" the doctor smiled "yes that's correct" I confirmed "ok; tell me how your episodes" he smiled.

"Erm I usually experience them after I've fallen asleep and I hallucinate, hear things and I always see and feel a demon upon my chest putting pressure on and trying to choke me" I sighed "ok and how long do they last for" he asked "only a few minutes" I explained.

"Alright and on your record it says that you do suffer from depression, anxiety and insomnia; do any of these trigger it" he asked "yes" I nodded "and explain to me your last episode" he asked eagerly; I suddenly didn't feel well and I turned to my Dad for support.

"She always seemed to be choked" my Dad explained; did...did he just lie to the doctor. "I've checked your previous medication and I want to prescribe you with Imipramine at 100mg which you will have to take once a day with food or after" he smiled writing down my prescription.

"Just to warn; these will cause blood pressure to rise slightly but if it increases anymore then stop taking it all together" he smiled as he started typing upon the computer.

"Just to ask; will this medication after any others" Dad asked "nein; this is why I've prescribed this one so any medication you currently take won't affect it" he smiled as he handed Dad the little sheet of paper.

"Any more enquires I can help with" he asked glancing at us with full eye contact "nein; thank you doctor" I smiled and started walking out with my Dad and we started walking to the chemist. 

I hate taking new medication; it always makes me feel like pure shit and trying to explain that is hard because people think its not an excuse to be a shitty person. 

"Dad I'm scared" I sighed as we walked into the chemist "I know baby; we'll try it out and if it doesn't work then we don't have to take it" he smiled and kissed my forehead I sighed and we waited for my new medication. 

Once we paid for it; we walked out and started walking back to the bus so we could get to the venue for tonight's show. 

"When we get back; I'll give you your other medication baby since you didn't take it this morning" Dad smiled at me; I stopped in my tracks and looked at him "no... I don't want my medication" I said "but you need to take it baby otherwise you'll fuck yourself up internally" Dad explain.

"NO; I'M SICK OF MEDICATION AND YOU CAN'T FORCE ME" I screamed "OI DON'T YOU USE THAT TONE WITH ME" Dad shouted through gritted teeth "I don't want to take anything; I'll be fine" I turned away "and how do you know that; I'm doing this because I love you Luna; not because I hate you" he sighed.

"You can scream and shout at me all you want but at the end of the day; you're my child and anything to do with medication is my priority" he said; I couldn't believe he had the audacity since he virtually knows nothing about my medication. 

"You know what fuck you Dad; you have no idea the amount of medication I'm on and how its affecting me and there's no point in starting now" I growled through gritted "LUNA; you are heading for a time out lady" Dad's stern voice echoed through my ears "really; I'm 16 Dad not 6; fuck you" I started walking back to the bus leaving my Dad. 

This is my first ever argument with him but he knows fuck all about all the medication I've consumed and yet he thinks he can make me have it, fuck him. 

I finally arrived at the bus and I walked on to see most of Rammstein upon the couches but I couldn't see Till and that's who I wanted. 

"Hey kiddo where's your Dad" Flake asked "he's on his way; where's Till" I asked "he's in the back lounge" Flake smiled "thanks dude" I thanked him and started walking to the back lounge. 

My heart hurts knowing I started an argument with him but I wanted to make sure we knew where we stood with each other and the fact that I didn't want to take medication. 

I got to the back lounge and slowly knocked upon the door hoping to get a response from Till; since from 2 nights ago he's made me feel protected like my Dad really. 

"Come in" I heard Till's strong German accent through the door "hi Till" I sighed "hey how did the hospital go" he asked as I sat next to him "ok but I started an argument with my Dad" I sighed "why baby, what about" he asked focusing upon the TV in front of him.

"About medication and the fact that I don't want to take it" I sighed "baby you know you have to take your medication and you know your Dad only means well" he glanced at me with a small smile "but he hasn't been in my life for so long and now he thinks he's an expert in my medication, fuck that" I rolled my eyes.

"Luna he does not think that and I certainly know that; your Dad just wants to make sure you're healthy and well" Till sighed and started to stroke my hair.

"I give up; can I fall asleep on you" I asked "you're tired baby" he questioned "yeah I mean I haven't slept in 2 days" I giggled "come here then baby" Till lifted me up into his arms and allowed me to lean my head upon his shoulder; he wrapped a blanket around us and I closed my eyes as the bus started to move. 

I hope my Dad made it on, I didn't mean to cause an argument; I just got a little mad and I'm frightened at my new medication even though I know its no excuse but I know that my Dad is my protector and he only knows what's best.