Flight of the Canid

He put the box back and turned around, only to be met with one of the teachers who had a large Canid growling at him. "Put the scrying stone back." The teacher said, pointing at the draw.

"Why would I do that when I worked so hard to get it?" The Black Thief asked with a smirk.

"Put the stone back." The teacher pressed.

"Or what?" He smirked. "That Canid can't be more than a level seven."

"You know a fair bit for an outsider, though I'm not surprised with all those scrolls you've been stealing. Why do you steal all those things?" The teacher asked.

"All those? You make it sound like so many. I've only stolen two scrolls, a book and a summoning leather." The Thief defended, holding his hands up. He needed to blow this guy off, and soon.

"Are you helping the orcs?" The teacher asked. He kept his face the same as always but his curiosity was betrayed by his demon.

"Aha!" The Thief barked a laugh. "Oh no. I have more reason to hate them than you do."

"Then why? You're too old to be a summoner, you'd have been tested before now." The man said, provoking an answer.

Then it hit the Thief like a tonne of bricks. This guy was stalling. Talking to him so he could get backup here in time. He cursed. "Sorry teach, gotta fly." And with that, he sprinted toward the outside of the room.

The Canid came in, teeth flashing. The Thief flipped over it and jumped again, catching the curtain in his hands. He used his momentum to swing it across. The man was trapped in the curtain and the Thief slid down. He yanked one of his swords from its scabbard and cut two slashes in the curtain. Sheathing the sword with a practiced ease, he wrapped the slashed curtain around his wrist and headed for the door.

He ran swiftly, throwing silence to the winds as the Canid came after him. "Go back and help your master!" The Thief yelled at it, but no matter.

He could hear shouts from behind, knowing everyone must be awake by now. This was definitely one of his worst exploits. The Canid was still coming, but he saw his destination up ahead. When he'd been looking in each of the rooms, he'd seen a library and that was where he headed. He broke stride and kicked the door. It swung open and he rushed inside. He kept at the closest bookcase and scrambled to the top. The Canid stood barking up a thunder below him.

The Thief stood and ran a few steps before leaping to the next bookcase, his incredible skills preventing it from wobbling overly much. The damned Canid followed below, still barking. He crouched and unraveled the length of curtain. He held one end in each hand with it spread a wide as it could go. He needed to put that Canid on ice. He could have done it ages ago, but he didn't want to break out his trump card unless there was no other way.

The shouts of the Academy residents were getting closer, following the noise made by the Canid. He braced, them let himself fall. He fell and landed in a roll on the floor, coming up with his hands raised, pulling the curtain taunt. As the Canid came for him he jammed the cloth in its mouth. It snarled through the fabric and tried to pull back. The Thief flipped over it and crossed the remaining cloth over its muzzle and wrenched it sideways. It whined as they fell. He kept its head down with his knee and tied the curtain in place.

"Stay." He said forcefully. When he stood and crossed to the glass window, it made no move to get up. He was just picking the lock on the latch when the teacher from the summoning room, and two others besides that burst into the library. In front of them was a Minotaur. "Hell." The Thief cursed.

<><><><><><><><><><>
Dun dun dun! Cliffhanger!
The media for this chapter was actually taken from the original book, Summoner! Go check it out, a fabulous read.
And Happy New Year!! Who's up for a new year of weird wacky wonderful ness?
I'd also like to add that I won't be updating for a while I want to apologise in advance. Hopefully I will be back soon.
Thankyou to all the people who liked last time. Don't forget to like again!
Love, TallestSilver