Chapter 5 - Berry Revecian

Start from the beginning

Huh?

Alarms started ringing in her head.

Oh no. If she knows. She's gonna...

"First of all, I'm a human! I carry around this cool sword called Licht. It's handed down to each and every one in my family who goes and study in this here school."

A wave of anxiety washed over her as she pried on over to the brunette.

"What're you?" Berry asked in a tone that seemed of like a curious young child.

Sweat began building down in her thighs. Her anxiety grew more and more.

"I wonder how she'll act once she knows. She'll probably think I don't deserve to go to this school. Granted. I don't think I deserve the privelage either."

The knocking on the front door seemed to be the only thing to bring her back to her senses.

The black haired girl stood up and opened the door to reveal two familiar faces in their uniforms.

"Hello, good morning. Who are you and why are you knocking on our door?" Berry asked getting a bit defensive on the visitors.

"Ah! They're my friends!" Haruka stood up and greeted her friends on the door who were getting a bit irritated with her roommate's tone.

"Friends?" Berry asked dumbfounded, looking at the ravenette and blonde.

Haruka replied with a hum and nod. "Everyone, this is Berine. Berry, these are my friends, Shinzuki and Keiko."

The three looked at each other. Practically observing the new person.

"Nice to meet you!" Berry said in her once cheerful tone as she found the two to be quote-on-quote okay.

"Likewise." Keiko replied in a not so friendly tone with his arms crossed.

"Anyways, Haruka do you wanna go and have breakfast with us? School starts at 9 so we have time to chill." Shin offered.

Her eyes practically lit up at the offer. But was shunned immediately once she felt Berry's hand on her arm.

"I'm sorry boys but I want to know get my roommate first." she hissed at the two.

Shin only glared at her and sighed. He didn't really want to deal with her. "How unfortunate." he thought to himself wondering if Haruka could even stand this girl.

And our dear protagonist, being socially awkward with new people looked over at her friends. Eyes pleading for help.

She likes Berry. Platonically. Maybe she has the potential to be the good best girl friend she had dreamed of all her life..

But she also wanted to avoid the topic of her heritage so she was begging the boys with the best puppy dog eyes she could do to take her out of there.

And of course, being friends for far too long, they already knew her cry for help and wanted to do so.

"I have an idea!" Berry clapped her hands. Sensing that the boys probably had something in mind to take her precious roommate away. "Why don't you join us for breakfast instead? We're having bacon and eggs."

Haruka's eyes looked over at Berry in a panic. She's really insisting on me staying! How scary!

But having the boys she knew all her life would probably be a million times better than getting asked personal questions by herself.

Giving up, Shin and Keiko stepped into their dormitory and looked around. It wasn't their first time in there since they have arrived but granted Haruka was the one who crashed their place a lot.

All sat down on the table instead of the counter where the two had their meal before.

Tension was rising as the three looked at each other with an intense stare. Haruka could basically see a dark line run across their eyes.

She was scared alright.

"Now then," Berry said as she looked over at Haruka. "Tell me more about yourself, dear."

The three gulped. This wasn't going to be a pleasant breakfast for sure.

================================

And I oop- the tension rises.

I'm so sorry for not updating. I've basically been dead because art block and writer's block has killed me. But don't worry I'm alive now and kicking.

There's a lot of gay tension in this chapter and I'm living for it.

Haruka: *b̶i̶s̶e̶x̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶f̶i̶e̶s̶*