Doctor is God

Manik went off from there leaving others speechless. Cabir went behind him. "Sir, I don't feel safe here, ye risk lena hai kya?" he asked Manik. "Pata nahi Cabir, ye log bahut ajeeb hai, I never experienced such welcome from the villagers" Manik sighed. "Sab ajeeb cheezein tho aapke saath hoga hi" Cabir said and Manik isn't irritated this time, instead he smiled. Cabir is wondered. "Chalo baaki ke kaam bhi complete kar dete" Manik said. In the evening, few people came to them. "Ab kya hua? Ye log phir kyu aaya?" Cabir whispered into Manik's ears. "Tum Pehle se itna darpok hai ya abhi abhi ban rahe ho?" Manik asked Cabir.

Nandini goes to ask them what's the matter. She comes to Manik. "Kya hua Nandini? What did they say?" he asked. "Sir ye log patients hai, they said they need medical help" she said and looked confused at Manik. They ask the villagers to come one by one. Navya and Nandini speak to them about their problems. Manik supervises them. After seeing 2 to 3 people, Navya whispers to Manik. "Sir, these people really had no issues, koi kehta hai use pet mein dard ho raha hai tho koi bolega fever hai, aur temperature bilkul normal" she said. "Ye tho humare saath doctor doctor khel rahe hai" Cabir said. "Yes sir, Cabir is right their complains are baseless and they are absolutely healthy" she said.

A lady comes there and tells that she has pain in her knees. "Aap ye ointment laga lena, knee pain chala jayega" Cabir advised her. "Aise kaise, aap mujhe check bhi nahi kiya" she demanded an action from them. "Madam knee pain ke liye hum stethoscope ka isthmaal nahi karte ye heart beat sun ne ke liye hai" Cabir cleared her doubt. She goes out and within seconds a dog chases her and she runs. "Dekho wo kaise bhaag raha hai, isse knee pain hai" Cabir said and they run to her rescue when they see the dog biting the lady.

Villagers who were present there also run towards her and beats the dog until it couldn't bark. Manik asked them to bring her into the tent. Nandini and Navya help her and cleans the wound. They apply antiseptic cream and a sterile bandage. They ask her to use the ointment until the injury is cured to prevent any infection. They also asked her to take an injection as an anti-septic. She nods to them and they apply injection. Meanwhile Manik gets the dog into the tent as it bleeds as villagers beat it. He cleans the wound and applies a sterile bandage to it. He lets it sleep there. "Yaha koi veterinarian hai?" he asked the villagers. They said yes and Manik asked them to call him here.

They asked him why that vet had to come there? "Its important to know that if the dog has any infection, then only we can treat the lady, ye kisika paaltu kutta nahi lagta hai mujhe" he said. The lady's husband respond and goes to fetch the vet. He comes back after few minutes. "hello doctor" Manik greeted him. He checks the dog's leg. "Is everything okay?" Manik asked him. "Mujhe nahi lagat hai ki ye vet hai" Cabir blurted out. "He sees both humans and animals here, he is a good doctor, humara sarpanch saab ne appoint kiya inhe" someone said.

"Excuse me, are you a vet?" Manik asked him politely. "Nahi main ek RMP doctor hu" he said. "What the! you are just medical practitioner, and you aren't supposed to practice veterinary unless you have a license" Manik said in high pitched tone. "Seriously aap log aise rehte ho yaha, where you have a person who treats both you and your cattle without any medical license and when we organize a camp here you say that you don't really need doctors, I thought that village head has no sense at all, but aise log ke liye wahi correct hai, Cabir, Nandini and Navya pack everything we're leaving, we cared about them but they really don't" Manik shouted on them for their ignorance.

"doctor saheb, aap aise mat jayiye, hume maaf karo please mujhe theek karo, agar koi infection aaya tho, aap ne hume samjhaya aur ab aap chale jaye tho" the lady pleaded them. Others also stop them and apologize him. "Humko wo sarpanch saheb ne paise diya hai doctor tabhi hum yaha aaye the" they said. Manik didn't understood why that village head is head over heels to send them back even after he got money. He asked the villagers to spread a word among others that if they need any medical help, they are here to help them. It is one of the long eventful day for all of them. They had dinner and sat together.