53. On the edge of losing

Start from the beginning

"Mama ab mai theek Hun (I'm fine now)" Maan said in low voice.

I just stood there watching them. I don't know what to say. Last night he cook for me. And as far i know even he didn't sleep last night. He was fine then. Then suddenly what happened to him now?

Is he lying?

My thoughts interrupted by Ali who's staring at me -not in bad way- but his stare make me feel like he was searching something.

"Take him to his room ali" baba order to ali. He looked at baba and nodded.

Maan stood up and his eyes met mine. I look at him for second before looking away. Ali took him to his room.

**************

Rahmaan's POV

I wake up at 4:30 in the evening. And took shower. I was feeling better now. After mama feed me with her hand she gave me medicine and then I slept.

In all the time I waited for hana to come to see me but she didn't. Even when I was in living room I haven't seen a single concern in her face but a doubt. which hurt me.

I came out of my room to go to hana. What if she didn't come to me I can go to her. Though I was missing my baby's kicks. I smiled and was about to open her bedroom door I stopped.

"I don't believe him.. he must be laying to get my attention.. but he doesn't know that he cannot fool me anymore.." I heard Hana's hateful voice filled with venom which make me sick to the core.

She thinks I'm lying about my illness.

"I don't care if he is really ill.. it's none of my concern.. anyways chal bye.. I will meet you there soon" she said.

She doesn't care if I'm really ill. It's none of her concern. I repeated her words in my mind to believed but I couldn't.

I was standing there like a statue. When suddenly door open and hana came out. She was looking beautiful. In orange colour dress. She had makeup. She looked stunning. And we can tell by looking at her that she was happy to go somewhere. And now I can believed in her words She doesn't care if I'm really ill... It's none of her concern

"Where are you going?" I asked ignoring all the hurt.

"None of your business" came her replied harshly. And she look at me mocking.

"Look like your fever is gone.. I guess it's only came for few hours.. right?" She asked mockingly.

"Yeah.. and now I'm feeling good" I replied smiling.

"Huh? You really think I can believe in your lie.? I know you were laying just to get my attention.. listen rahma..."

"You must be getting late hana... I think you should go where your going" I cut her off. I don't think I can bear this anymore.

"Yea!" she said making displeased face. I just gave her smiled hiding my pain. And she walked away from there.

★★★★★

It's 9pm yet hana didn't come home. I know she went for Kulsum's mehndi -mama told me- but still I was worried for her. I called Kareem chacha and he told me she sent him back and didn't tell him with whom she will come.

Since she left I wasn't in peace. I was feeling my body still burning with fever but I don't want to rest. Mama came to check up on me and told me to rest. I assured her that I was fine and sent her back to her room and here im pacing in my room while trying to call her.

"Why the hell she isn't picking my calls" yelling in frustration i was about to throw my phone when I heard car screeching sounds. Without looking through window I ran outside.