Having a bad time

A/N: n/n=nickname, if your name is something that you couldn't possibly come up with a nick name for, then use one of your middle names or any other preferred name. ALSO SHOUT OUT TO _DarkSide_04

Hearing those words, I turn to the source of what it was. It turning out to be... Sans?

"your friend joshua went missing about a month back, right?"

"Yeah. You left that note?"

"mhm."

"i know joshua is alive and where he is but... you're not gonna like it."

"Why? Where is he?"

"chara has him tied up somewhere north of here, by about 2 and a half kilometers."

"How do you know this?"

"i followed chara out there the night you got hit by that truck, who do you think called alphys?"

"Fair point. Do we start walking?"

"shortcuts, kid, shortcuts." He then took me by my wrist and guided me over to the rift. Opening it and taking me inside with him.

What followed seemed to be some crazy neon lights with whatever the actual hell rifts are made of, seeing as how there are some really crazy things you see in there.

Exiting the rift, with Sans by my side. I spotted a shack in the distance, with Sans kneeling down next to me and myself following his example.

"Joshua in there? Where's Chara?"

"he's in there, but chara? i don't know, she might be in town. if you're quick enough, you can find him."
"chara also kinda uh... has a gang on her side? you wanna be careful, and besides, i'm no fighter. you can try and get help but you're gonna have to mainly act alone."

I only nod in response, then Sans disappearing back through his rift. Presumably back to the parking lot.

There were two guards standing by the door of the shack, sneaking over to the side. I whistle loudly.

"John, is that you? Shut the fuck up, man." The first man spoke,
whistling again, I managed to catch his full attention this time.

"John! I told you to knock it off!" He angrily stormed over to the corner, turning it he saw no one. Walking to the other corner, going fully behind the shack.

I was on the roof, climbing down and wrapping my around his neck, kicking the back of his knee and applying force on my forearms. Forcing him to submit to unconsciousness. Tossing his limp body to the floor and turning sneaking around the other side, back to where the first guard was.

"Yo. I'm the new recruit here. Whats up?" I spoke, in an attempt to fool him.

"Juuuuuuuuust fine kid, you seen the other guy that was here?"

"Yeah, ended up just like you."

"Wha-" before he could finish his sentence, I had already sent a chop into his upper neck, causing him to stumble back. I run up to him, punching into his throat and wrapping my arms around his neck, snapping it a good 100 degrees to the left. Killing him instantly.

I...
Did I just... kill him?

My hands shook, as my mouth went agape out of fear. My hands shaking even further to the point where I thought I was about to have a seizure. But... I had to do it, right? I HAD TO DO IT TO SAVE JOSHUA!

I slowly step inside, immediately tackled by another person and busting back outside. He grabbed his revolver, immediately placing it to my cheek.

"YOU KILLED MY FRIEND! YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" he yelled, cocking the revolver and...