She doesn't know where she went and where she had been for the hours since she had seen them. Ryujin was still walking around aimlessly around the city. Her earphones playing music as she cried her heart out.

It was night time by the time she decided to confront her girlfriend. She had never felt so terrible about something, but it had to be done. Yeji had called and texted her multiple times. Her friends had done so as well. No doubt wondering why she hadn't got home when it was so late.

Yeji. That's all her mind could think of.

Yeji. Who had been on a date with her childhood friend. Yeji. Who had held hands with Yeonjun. Yeji. Who had kissed Yeonjun. Yeji. Who hadn't stopped him from kissing her a second time. Yeji. Who had cheated on her with her childhood friend.

'So that's why.'

That's why she had been acting strange lately. Distant.

It took everything in her to walk through the door of their apartment.

Her make up was no doubt messed up by now, judging by how hard she had been crying. Her eyes were definitely puffy and her cheeks were stained with tears.

Once she walked through the door, Yeji made her way to the entrance, looking excited to hear her come in.

'Was she always this fake?'

"Ryuddaeng." The cat eyed girl yelled out, smiling brightly before her face fell at the sight of her.

"What happened?"

'She almost looks worried.'

'Isn't that funny?'

'And ironic.'

Yeji started to move towards her and Ryujin quickly gestured for her to not come any closer.

"Are you okay?"

Ryujin couldn't help herself. As soon as she heard those words, she broke down.

Laughing.

She didn't know why. There should be more tears coming out, not laughter. Maybe she ran out of tears already.

All she knew was that she couldn't stop it. She was laughing loudly, hunching over.

Her make up messed up, along with her messy hair.

She looked crazy.

She felt crazy.

"Baby." Yeji whispered, looking a little freaked out.

"Don't." Ryujin let out and it was deep and a bit coarse, likely due to how much she had been crying.

"You don't get to say that again." She continued, her voice much colder than she had ever sounded.

They had fought before but Ryujin had never sounded like that.

There wasn't an ounce of care in her tone. It was filled with hatred, pain, sadness. It was all the things that were filling her up, coming out at once. And it sounded brutal.

"You don't get to say anything to me again." Ryujin continued, moving her hair from her face with one of her hands.

"What are you talking about?"

Yeji hadn't moved since she told her to stop. She was still in the same spot, looking confused.

"I can't believe I fell for it." She chuckled, somehow, she was surprised that no tears were coming out.

"I don't-"

"Shut up." She interrupted.

"You don't what, Yeji? You don't know how to be a decent human being? You don't know how to be honest?"

She walked towards Yeji, poking her shoulder blade, her face looking angrier than ever.

"Tell me it isn't true. Tell me I imagined it."

"Ryu-"

"I thought you were a good fucking person. Maybe I should have known."

She chuckled again, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Isn't that what people say?"

Yeji looked hurt. She wasn't even sure if it was because Ryujin had said she hates her, or because she told her that she's like her parents, a piece of shit.

"I saw it. Earlier. I saw you."

She started to walk, pacing around the living room. "My fucking childhood friend. Him. Of all people."

Yeji touched her arm, but she didn't say a word. When she turned around, she noticed that she was crying.

In that moment, Ryujin didn't give a shit if she was crying.

How could she?

She had been played a fool for probably longer than she realized.

"I wanted to tell you."

Those words, they did a number on her. Suddenly she was crying again. After that confirmation.

She had seen it with her own eyes. Yet, Yeji confirming it was what truly broke her.

"How long?"

"Ryujin." She whispered.

"How fucking long?"

"Too long."

"I fucking hate you, Hwang Yeji."

She was angry. She was sad. She was heart broken. 'Fuck.'

"You never did love me, did you?"

Yeji opened her mouth a few times but no words came out.

Ryujin couldn't help but laugh while tears continued to fall.

"I used to think you were different from them. But you really are their daughter. Selfish. Greedy. A shitty fucking person."

"Then leave." Yeji finally yelled, her voice cracking as she did so.

Ryujin nodded, staring at Yeji who looked more angry than sad.

She moved to their bedroom, quickly packing everything of hers that she could see.

Ryujin had nowhere to go. Her parents lived relatively far away. Her friends were friends with Yeji and lived in dorms or shared rooms. And Yeonjun was the last person she wanted to see.

She walked out of that door without looking back, her anger wouldn't allow her to. And Yeji slammed the door to their apartment without so much as an apology or moment of hesitation.

Isn't it funny? Yeji was the one to betray her and yet Ryujin was the one walking out of that door to find herself homeless.

Ryujin hated Hwang fucking Yeji. She hated her today and she would hate her tomorrow. And four years later, when she finally saw her again, she would still hate her.

Because Hwang Yeji broke her heart in the most brutal way she could.

And a month later, she did it again when Ryujin found out her and Yeonjun had gone to America. Together.