Chapter 27

Ryujin saw the photo, when she checked if Yeji had blocked her

Ryujin saw the photo, when she checked if Yeji had blocked her. Surprise, she hadn't. She didn't think much about it, though. It was just a photo of earlier that day. Yeah, maybe one day she would find out she really was the dumbest person ever. But this wasn't that day.

She could hardly sleep. They had all changed roommates, she was now roommates with Chaeryeong while Yuna was the one with the individual room.

But, even if the other wasn't in that room, her mind was occupied with Yeji.

'Why did she call out my name?'

'Was she going to finally admit to her wrong-doings?'

'Was she going to explain why she had been so shitty?'

She barely sleep yet was up as the sunrise filled the sky, drinking coffee in the kitchen.

It was quiet and she almost felt herself relax as she sipped on her drink.

Until she heard footsteps and saw someone approaching the kitchen.

"Good morning." The other whispered, causing Ryujin to look at her with shock. Her hands holding her coffee near her face, as she had been about to sip on it again.

She found herself frozen in such position for what could have been a couple seconds but felt like minutes.

Yeji wasn't looking at her. She was busy making her own drink. A latte, she noticed. She had never been one to be able to drink coffee unless it was in such way.

"Good morning." She decided to finally say. Her voice cracking midway through the words, embarrassing if you ask her.

"I was wondering if you'd be using the dance room."

"Yeah." Ryujin replied, sipping again on her coffee as she looked curiously at Yeji.

Even after all the pain she had caused her, Ryujin found herself admiring how beautiful she was. Yeji might have turned out to be a shitty person, but she was an attractive one. There were really no visible flaws. Everything was just individually perfect and together? She can't imagine anyone not being attracted to her visuals.

"Do you mind if I join?" She wasn't even looking at her. But her voice wasn't harsh, for once. Ryujin still wanted to be a bitch and say no. Tell her to fuck off. The cameras weren't even on yet. She could curse her out and nobody would know.

But Ryujin knew that somehow, Yeji had ended up living a life she never wanted. A sad one. Working for artists when she should have been the one on stage. No doubt, her family's doing.

She felt bad. It wasn't even pity, though. It was sadness over the talent wasted.

Maybe she shouldn't be feeling that way. Maybe Yeji had made all wrong decisions one could make. But she knew how much it meant to her. How much she loved dancing. How she lit up when she was able to showcase her talent on that video with her. How wide her smile had been after every single practice. How she just belonged there.

And Ryujin couldn't find it in herself not to allow the other woman to do what she loved. These days, while others got to perform, Yeji was stuck on the sidelines, watching. And she wouldn't do that to her here.

"Okay."

She left, taking the coffee into the dancing room with her. Not failing to notice how the other had finally looked in her direction, no doubt shocked by her response.

Not ten minutes later, Yeji entered the room as she was dancing to her shuffled playlist.

"Improvising?" She asked, earning a nod from Ryujin.

Yeji didn't say anything else, she moved next to her and simply began dancing.

In fact, for the next four hours. They didn't say a word. Both of them dancing together, sometimes even looking too synchronized for it to have been completely improvised by both of them.

'She always was my best dancing partner.'

Ryujin smiled to herself but maybe the other noticed it, even if it was brief.

Because she looked almost flustered. Then again, maybe it was the fact that they had been dancing for so long that had got her looking like that.

Either way, at that moment, she forgot about her hatred for the other.

She forgot about everything negative.

It was only for that long but those hours, they felt like everything she had been needing.

Nothing could have prepared her for what was about to be said by Yeji. Nothing.

Because after everything. Yeji's attitude, actions and words. Especially all that had happened lately, this was unexpected.

They were catching their breath, Ryujin stopped the music as they wordlessly decided to stop. After four hours, it was now nearing lunch time and she assumed the others would be around already. She picked up her things, watching as the other did the same. Both of them moving out of the room not a minute later.

That's when she said those words that got her to stop on her tracks and stand there in shock.

"I'm sorry."

Ryujin must have looked really caught off guard and confused because Yeji looked at her, tilting her head slightly.

"Which thing are you apologizing for?" It took everything in her to even ask such question.

"Everything." Yeji pressed her lips together. "I'm sorry for everything."

She didn't even know how to begin to process that Hwang Yeji had just apologized. Don't get her wrong, it was a terrible apology. Really shitty. Most basic apology there has always been. Yet, all there was on her mind was one thing.

'Hwang Yeji just apologized.'

And yes, Yeji walked away not one second after the last word left her mouth. Leaving behind a shocked Ryujin.

And an equally shocked Chaeryeong, Lia and Yuna who had been eavesdropping.

(Author's note:

Yeji: maybe if I send subliminal messages
Ryujin: bitch I can't read )