Chapter 24

(Author's note: excuse my spam today. I guess you can say I am inspired )

Yeji was standing in the kitchen with a piece of paper in her hand, looking at it with a strangely serious expression. As if it was important.

"What's that?"

She smiled, folding the piece of paper and kissing her as a distraction.

It worked.

"Just something from a class I have. How was school?"

"Boring." She sat on one of the chairs by the kitchen counter, face resting on her hands. "Maybe I should drop out."

Yeji rolled her eyes. "You're so dramatic. Why is your first thought to run when things get hard?"

"I'm pretty sure it's just my survival instincts kicking in."

"Unless you're going to dedicate yourself to pursue dancing, I'm pretty sure you need a degree. So I'm sorry to inform you but you'll have to deal with college."

"I don't need a degree." She argued, pointing at Yeji before she placed her arm under her face again. "I don't think you need a degree to be a garbage man."

Yeji scrunched her nose in response.

"What? Would you no longer love me if I was a poor garbage woman?"

The cat eyed girl moved to the side of the counter where she was, getting close to her.

"I'd love you even if you were homeless, Shin Ryujin."

She chuckled, turning to face her. "I'm pretty sure that's what I am. This is actually your apartment."

Her girlfriend shrugged, smiling softly at her. "Maybe so but, what is mine is yours."

Ryujin smiled back, getting off the chair and kissing the other girl.

Yeji's parents would probably kill her if they knew that a while later they were both in bed, a trail of their clothing left in the path they had taken to the bedroom.

But what they don't know, can't hurt them. Or her, in this case.

Who would have thought that a couple of months later, they would be breaking up? Not her. Definitely not her.

_______

"Abu." Yuna yelled, running up to her and crushing her body with her arms.

How was this child so tall? Yes, child. Because Yuna was only 17 at the moment and still in high school. While Ryujin was 20.

Yes, she would be turning 20 soon. Yes, she was excited to be entering her 20s.

"Where's Yeji?" Her girlfriend was supposed to be there but wasn't.

Lia shrugged.

Chaeryeong looked at the others for an answer. "I last saw her like two hours ago, running through the campus."

"I don't even go to college, so don't ask me." Yuna answered with a smile.

"I guess I'll send her a text and we can get started without her."

Lia smiled, with her signature close eyes smile. "I think we might have found ourselves an honorary leader."

Yuna clapped, still smiling brightly. Chaeryeong chuckled.

"Stop. You guys love teasing me way too much."

She sent Yeji a text asking where she was.

It remained unanswered through their practice.