⌜ twenty two ⌟

Start from the beginning

why was it so hard to stay mad at him? heaving out a sigh, mark had finally diverted his eyes to the pudu and held back a coo from escaping his mouth after seeing how small he looked in that position. ❝because?

donghyuck's deer like ears perked up and had his eyes widened when mark had finally spoke to him. ❝because i..❞ but he couldn't seem to find the right words to say. ❝i pressed your buttons.

the king raised a brow at his choice of words, ❝you, what?

i urged you to marry her.❞ donghyuck said. ❝even though i don't know if you'd want to or not.

that made mark let out a scoff, ❝what kind of statement is that? of course i don't want to marry her!

the pudu then flinched when  mark had raised his voice a little bit higher than the usual. ❝i-i'm sorry..

huffing out a sigh, mark slowly pushed himself up from the ground and sat up right next to donghyuck who's looking away from him. he could see how terrified the pudu was after he raised his voice. mark didn't mean to, he was just so upset that after so much of telling donghyuck, he still believes that there's a chance that he'd go and get himself a queen.

the queen he just plans on getting is just donghyuck. no one else but him.

you don't have to apologize too much.❞ mark spoke, lowering his head, feeling guilty of making the pudu scared. ❝i understand why you want me to marry her. it's because i am king and i should do this for the kingdom.

the pudu nodded his head, agreeing to what he said. that was really his point and was so relieved knowing that mark was aware of that.

but did you forget? i don't want to be king.❞ mark then scooted closer to the pudu and leaned his head down to his shoulder. ❝so i can choose whoever i want to marry.

i'm scared.

donghyuck wanted to believe that all of this is real, that he really is falling in love with a lion, a king to top it off. but it's all too much for him to handle. what if one them suddenly gives up? who's going to catch the other? what if one of them falls out of love? what will happen to the other? all these questions kept on running inside of donghyuck's head. he really does love mark, it's not hard to love someone like him. he loves him but he didn't know how he'll handle it when things get out of hand.

this leaves him on hesitating to be with mark. him being king worried donghyuck more because of the expectations that are put on mark's shoulders. he is expected to marry his own kind and he is expected to rule the kingdom with a queen. donghyuck never planned on being queen, neither was he even fitted for that place.

hey, hey..❞ seeing the pudu looking like he was thinking too much, mark slid his hand to donghyuck's and intertwined their fingers. ❝don't be, okay? i'm here.

but what if—

no buts and stop with the what ifs.❞ mark gave him a small smile before leaning towards him and settling a short peck on the pudu's forehead. he wanted for donghyuck to know that he was and will always be right beside him. ❝all we need is each other.

they are going to think that they are one strange couple, that they are not meant for each other, and that they shouldn't be together at all. they are going to—

donghyuck, i told you to stop.❞ mark once again cut donghyuck off from his pile of thoughts, caressing the pudu's hand to calm him down.