Chapter Thirty-Two - Times Never to be Forgotten (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

"Don't be such a smart-a**." I say rolling my eyes. My eyes explore the festival grounds, "What do you want to do?" I ask.

   Nikki shrugs and tells me that she's doesn't care. This makes finding something to do for the both of us much harder, if I chose the wrong thing Nikki will be a major b*tch all night. I notice there's a Ferris-wheel. "Okay then, let's go on the Ferris wheel." I say pointing in the direction.

"Seriously?" Nikki says with a raised eyebrow.

   "Seriously, let's go." I say. I take her hand and we head to the line for the Ferris-wheel. There's a long-line, because every couple in town wants to ride the Ferris-wheel. Nikki, to my amazement and shock, doesn't complain about having to stand in line. She eats her cotton-candy and stays quiet.

  I won't lie, Nikki's silence scares me... like really scares me. "I'm sorry I called you an a-"

"It's fine, Dominick." Nikki interrupts.

"I didn't mean it." I say.

   Nikki ignores me and starts playing with her shoulder length hair. She looks at me, "Do you like my hair?" she asks.

  No. I think. I shrug, "It's okay." I say. Nikki used to have really pretty and curly long hair, but she chopped it off a few days ago. Now it's this weird long in the front, but short in the back type haircut. She also dyed her hair dark blue. I hate the way her hair looks, but I'll never admit it.

   Nikki gives me a genuine smile, "Thanks for lying. That's really sweet of you." she gives me a kiss on the cheek.

   I'm about to say something but I'm inturrupted by someone shouting, "Nikki! Hey!" I look over my shoulder and see one of Nikki's only real friends walking over to us. She has a boyfriend with her, unlike Nikki and I, both of them appear to be having fun. Nikki smiles and gives me a hug to her friend. The two of them step aside to talk a bit, which leaves me to make conversation with the boyfriend.

"Hey dude." I say in a cool voice.

"What's been going on, Nick?" the boyfriend replies.

  Again with this "Nick" bullsh*t. I think. A hint of annoyance flashes across my face but the boyfriend is too dim to catch it. "Dominick, my name is Dominick." I say using a cool-relaxed tone.

"Oh, yeah! Sorry about that man." he replies.

"So... did you get dragged here by your girlfriend as well?" I ask in attempt to carry on the conversation.

"Nah, we both love these kinds of things."

"Ahh... cool... cool."

  Neither of us said another word after that. The two of us don't dislike each other, but we're really from different planets. He's a good-goody who doesn't really mix with mess-ups like me. He'll be nice because that's how people like him are that way.

"Dominick... I know about the incident." he says out of the blue.

"You do?" I ask.

   He nods. I ask him not to tell Nikki, but he gestures towards our girlfriends talking. "I think it's too late." he says as Nikki walks back. She looks upset. She glances at me and gestures for me to step out of line so we can talk.

"How is she doing today?" I ask looking over at her friend. I would love to glare at her, but I can't. I owe her much, and she owes me nothing.

"When were you going to tell me about the dealings?" Nikki asks not playing my game.

   I let out a sigh and run my fingers through my hair. I avoid looking her in the eye. "I was going to... eventually."

"Look me in my eyes, and tell me the truth." Nikki says through clenched teeth. When I don't do as she's ordered, she grabs my face and pulls it down to face hers. "The truth, Dominick." she says.

I take her hand of my face and look in her eyes. I get closer to keep others from overhearing, "It's nothing really, a few people call me every now and then. I got stuff leftover and they got the cash." I say with a shrug. "I swear I'm not planning on getting serious." I try to put my hand on her shoulder but she moves away.

"Are you using any of your merchandise?" she asks.

"I need some occasionally, but not enough to kill me. I'm responsible." I admit. I'm hoping she'll drop this conversation.

"Unbelievable." She scoffs.

"It is nothing serious, an occasional pop."

"Nothing serious, are you f*cking kidding me." Nikki yells. "You, above all people, should know better."

"Nikki, listen before you-"

"What happens if you get addicted? What if I get pregnant? What if it could effect the baby because you have mutated high sperm?"

"Who's talking about a baby?" I ask raising my voice. "We use protection."

"That's not the point." Nikki says raising her voice.

"Okay, say we created a baby. We'd abort, obviously."

Nikki silence suddently takes me aback. I step away, "You wouldn't abort?"

"Dominick, would it be so horrible for us to have a child together?"

"Why are you thinking these things suddenly?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter." she says.

"Yes, Nikki. It matters to me." I say. I grab her hand and look her in the eyes. "Do you want a baby?" I ask.

  Nikki lets out a laugh and shakes her head. "No, I don't want a baby." I see tears begin to stream down her face.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Life happened." Nikki says. She looks around the fair, "Let's just get on the Ferris-wheel." she says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikki and I ride the Ferris-wheel a couple times in silence. On the third time, I look over at her, take her hand in mine, and I whisper in her ear. "We'd make the awesomest-amazing kid in the world." I saw her smile and she nods in agreement.

We look into each other's eyes and share a long-deep kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MARCH 2014

PRESENT DAY

   I finish telling Mollie the story by looking into her green eyes and saying, "And we most certainly did."

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Okay, I know that every chapter I say "THANK YOU FOR READING!" And, I seriously mean it. Thank you all! Your comments bring me a smile and I love hearing that people actually enjoy what I'm writing. Even those who don't VOTE/COMMENT I appreciate you all very much. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

Big news! I am planning on writing a sequel to this. However, it won't be coming up anytime real soon. I'm focused on this story 100%, but be prepared for a cliffhanger and/or unanswered questions at the end of this. I promise to keep you updated on the sequel info.

I almost cried twice when writing this chapter. Do you know who the friend is/was? Writing this month has been really hard, this month has been hard with returning to school. The pain of losing my friend doesn't ever seem to dull, but I'm okay. :) Thank you for all the sweet comments.

This is actually one of those "happy" chapters I was talking about. Things after this are going to get... interesting. DUN DUN DUNNN!

THANK YOU FOR READING!

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, do whatever you want.