05 - Threat on the clan

Start from the beginning

The only answer he gave was a glare and some cautious steps forwards. Kosmozis remained as calm as he was known for, removing his hood and unveiling a few gray locks near his temples. The three past years seemed to have make him look older.

''I hope you remember me, young chief. I know we only met once and it was three years ago but-''

''I never forget a face, especially the one of the man who killed my father.''

''Hm, of course.'' He said, seemingly amused.

He kept this little smile on his face, smile that was running on Hiccup's nerves.

''You know he was not my target.'' Kosmozis added. ''Your father, I would have let him live. He was a great man. I actually had some respect for him. You know who was my real target.''

''Joke and his mother.''

'' 'Joke' ? What an awful name for my prince.''

Despite the man stillness, Hiccup stayed on guard, keeping a posture that was showing he was ready to fight. He wasn't found of talking to this man, actually he was really holding back from sliting his throat with his teeth. This man had killed his father. He had tried to kill Elska and Joke, and almost did. Hiccup had spared his life when he could have kill him, and despite of that this man dared to show up again in front of him, after laying a trap which could have kill Lumiverse. Hiccup really didn't understand why he had not killed him three years prior.

Silence hovered around them, Hiccup was not going to be talkative, and Kosmozis understood it.

''Well, let's get straight to the point. I came here in order to finish the job I thought was done when we last met.''

Hiccup had guessed so, but hearing it for real still shook him up. He kept his composure, refusing to show it and give this satisfaction to his enemy.

''Don't deny it, rumors spread and I can see only one person matching with a 'white-haired warlock'. My prince had survived, but I can fix that. So you're going to hand him over to me, or-''

''I will never give him up !''

The general only laughed at that. He got up and pushed Inferno aside, even if its owner rose it up again. Kosmozis started to walk around the room, still excessively calm.

''So, you want this monster to live among us ? As our equal ?''

Hiccup didn't replied but held his position, on guard, his eyes focused on his enemy, while the man in armor was talking.

''A toxic notion, my boy. Nature has made our world with differences, borders, hierarchy, and the Storms are...''

As he looked to the Night Fury he was getting closer to, Kosmozis trailed off, noticing something. There was something strange with the tail, something pocking out between the fins. Straw.

When he kicked it, the mass under the blanket moved, unveiling a human face. That was not Toothless, that was Fishlegs wearing a fake head of a Night Fury.

''Did we get him... ?'' He asked with a voice destorted by the drug, before collapsing.

Hiccup took advantage of the distraction and stole the arbalet from Kosmozis' grip and launched it out of reach, before giving the signal to the others.

''Now !''

Astrid, Eret and Gobber came out of their hiding spot, surounding the general which remained unfazed.

''Sorry to bother you !'' Gobber joked, brandishing the axe currantly replacing his hand.

Kosmozis smirked a bit, before turning back to the young chief.