Chapter 33

"Have I told you just how beautiful you look?" Jasper whispered into my ear, beautiful hair ticking my face making me giggle.  His cold arm was wrapped gently around my waist, pulling me even closer into his side.

"I don't believe you have. I think you're off your game tonight, Major." The joke made me laugh and him growl playfully with a nibble at my shoulder. 

It only took a few minutes before our mood was ruined. It was clear that Alice had a vision and it pushed the party mood far away - much to Emmett's dismay. I don't think I've ever seen a boy's confidence deflate faster than the ones who watched him do a keg stand for a full minute. He obviously could have gone longer but I'm guessing for the sake of appearance, and probably the nasty taste, he stopped sooner rather than later. 

"Darlin' I need you to do me a favor," Jasper spoke quietly. "I need you to please just wait in the living room." 

The request threw me off. For the month and a half we've been around each other we were nearly inseparable when in the same house. I wanted so badly to say no and demand I stay with the family, but seeing the distraught look on his face only made me worry. I watched as Alice stood a few feet away from us with a nervous expression pointed my direction as well. 

As much as I wanted to be stubborn like Bella, it really had nothing to do with me other than it being with the Cullen's. If the best I could do to be helpful is stay out of it then that's what I should do. I can bug Emmett about it later since he was the easiest for me to crack. 

I waited in the living room, watching as they went back and forth in conversation with the wolves, an irritated Bella, and a not so happy Edward. Alice and Jasper spent 90% of it glancing back at me, where I tried desperately to make my emotions seem calming and happy so Jasper could feel something other than the anxieties and annoyance from everyone else. 

After about an hour I watched as some of the wolves began to leave, each giving me a smile or a kiss on the head goodbye. A smile broke across my face as I watched Emmett try to walk upstairs quietly to avoid me. 

"Oh Emmettttt," my voice sang out. 

He stopped, "C'mon, don't do this. You know I can't say no to your cute lil' face." 

I laughed at his comment and walked under his arm that was on the rail. Stepping a few steps up to reach his height, I placed my arms over his shoulders - giving him a big hug. "I'm just curious is all Em. I don't want anything to happen to my new big brother." 

He smiled big, muscly arms wrapped around me tight as he lifted me up a little in excitement. "Aww, see! I told ya you'd get used to it!" His Tennessee accent dripping through the more happy and excited he got. Got him, I thought mischievously. Edward passed by holding a confused Bella's hand. He looked at me with a wide smile and shook his head playfully. 

"So ya see, it's just that it isn't that I don't wanna tell ya, because I do. But Rose'll get real mad at me and Jasper'll probably try to beat me up and then Alice. Whoo! She'll probably try to suffocate me with a pillow, not that I'd die but you get the picture," he rambled on and on before a throat was cleared. 

"I'm glad y'all are getting in some sibling bonding but I'd really like to speak to my girl if you don't mind," Jasper said. 

I sighed in defeat and Emmett gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek before running off so he didn't get in trouble. Jasper pulled me into his arms, sitting on the comfy couch. "I'm assuming you have questions?" 

"How could I not? I know you don't want me to be involved like Bella, but let's be honest, her being involved in whatever this is was inevitable. I just want to know what's happening with everyone; What's going on? Is everyone okay? Is everyone going to be okay? Reasonable questions to ask in my opinion." 

He patiently listened to my continuous talking, absentmindedly playing with a piece of my hair. "They are reasonable questions to ask. I just don't want you getting into the middle of anything," he said softly, looking down.

I grabbed his face so he had to look at me, "I understand your point of view. And trust me, I don't wanna run out into the middle of some weird vamp fest and make things harder on you guys. But I think that if I'm going to be with you, I have to be with you. Whatever that entails." 

Jasper sighed, leaning his forehead against mine. We both relaxed in the moment, melting into each other in an attempt to calm each other's nerves before he spent the rest of the night filling me in on the drama to come. 

I just wanted to say how much I love my readers. Those of you that comment and vote on my story really and truly make my day and I appreciate it so much. I never expected to have anyone like my story so much and obviously be so patient with updates and such. So a huge thank you to those of you reading <3

I also wanted to say that I made a Harry Potter fanfic and have been updating that if you'd like to look at that too.