TWENTY-SEVEN (FINAL CHAPTER)

Start from the beginning

"I- slow down." You could barely understand what Eddie was saying due to the speed he was talking at, though you did manage to catch a few words. "All I got is that you climbed out of the window and ran all the way over here, and your pills are... 'gazebos'?"

"Yeah, they're fake medicine."

"Eddie, I think that's 'placebos'."

He stared at you for a few seconds before groaning in embarrassment. "So I stood up to my mom and yelled at her, but I got the fucking name of it wrong?!"

"At least you stood up to her. And it's really sweet that you went through all of that trouble just to go out with me."

Eddie's expression instantly brightened at the last sentence and he smiled excitedly, as if suddenly remembering something. "Can I show you where we're going?"

"Of course."

He grabbed your hand, ignoring any thoughts of germs and diseases that he could get by doing so, and began running back in the other direction towards the park. But he ran right past it instead of going in. You were slightly confused about where Eddie was taking you; never had you once been this way in your entire life of living in Derry, and you also didn't recognize the path, secluded with tall trees and overgrown grass, he was leading you down.

"We're nearly there." Eddie smiled as if he could tell what you were thinking. Finally, the path came to a stop in front of a blanket of leaves hanging down and blocking whatever was behind them. Eddie let go of your hand to push them aside, and your mouth dropped open as you stared wide-eyed at the sight in front of you.

In the middle of the huge area, there was a small hill with lit candles and fairy lights surrounding it, some of those fairy lights hanging off trees. A picnic blanket was laid out on the top of the hill and it was the most perfect spot to have it; unlike the rest of Derry, it was quiet and you were able to get an amazing view of the night sky. It was the type of thing people would cringe at if it were in a trash highschool tv drama, but if it was for themselves, they would be over the moon with happiness.

"D-do you like it?" Eddie blushed, staring at you hopefully. You turned to him with a soft smile. "Are you kidding me, Eddie? I love it!"

"Richie helped me set it up earlier. It took, like, three hours and he kept trying to steal my scented candles." He laughed, as you both started to walk up the hill. "I think he might've taken one or two."

"Wow. I never thought of Richie as someone who would want scented candles." You replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, me neither."

After a few more moments of walking in comfortable silence, you reached the top of the hill and sat down next to each other on the picnic blanket. Eddie pulled out two small tubs of vanilla ice cream from the cooler bag sitting in front of him and handed one to you. "I was gonna take you to an ice cream place but it would be closed."

"It's okay. I like it here better, anyway. I like being with you."

*random one hour time skip because idk when to put time skips in*

"A-and then Richie started yelling, 'oh guys, my wang is so big!' while I just stood there like, 'what the fuck, Rich!'" Eddie imitated Richie's voice while cringing at the memory, as you burst into a fit of giggles. "Seriously? Okay, I'm gonna go all out here and say Richie's 'wAnG' is about the size of my fingernail."

Eddie chuckled and shook his head. "You know what, that's probably true."

"Then it has been confirmed." You smirked. "SKIDADDLE SKIDOODLE RICHIE'S DICK IS A NOODLE"