𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗱𝗼𝗺𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗱𝗲; 34

Start from the beginning

he makes sure to keep track of time and when he's finished he puts his book back where it was and begins making his way down to his mother's office. knocking three times once he's outside of the door he awaits an okay to come in, and once he's got it he slowly opens the door and steps inside of the room.

"close the door and come sit, dear. we have important things to talk about as tate would've told you."

corbyn nods his head before closing the door, lips pressed into a thin line as he walks over to take a seat on the sofa in front of the lit fire with his mother perched on the other side of the comforter with a tea held gently in her hand.

"if you would be so kind as reminding me of what we're going to be talking about, mother, that would be very much appreciated."

"well, my dear boy, we're talking about potential men for your marriage of course!" she begins, voice merrily ringing through corbyn's ears despite the fact that he loathes the subject of their conversation.

"ahh, right... my marriage" he says in response, leg bobbing on the ball of his foot unconsciously.

"do stop that, would you. that's a nasty habit of yours" saskia supplies after lightly tapping her son's knee, watching as it stops the jagged movements it was making only a moment prior.

"i have three lovely gentlemen that i would like you to consider. of course you shall only choose one of them to meet and grow closer to, but today i will explain to you what kingdom each are from, what their parents and them supply for their land and of course who they are and why they would be fit to rule the kingdom with you."

corbyn lets out a breath as he pulls on the best smile he can, nodding his head at his mother's words before allowing his gaze to drop to his feet again.

"you shall marry your chosen prince after two months of knowing each other and then later this year we will have the crowning ceremony. somewhere around your birthday, actually, but you will still be eighteen when it happens."

saskia takes a sip of her tea before continuing, making sure her posture is all well and meeting her sons eyes. "do you understand what is happening today, dear?"

"yes, mother, i understand."

✎ᝰ

the day had dragged on for what corbyn thought was forever. he tiredly trudges up to his room after dinner, having let the staff know that he will need no assistance as of tonight and that it would be much appreciated if his night was not disturbed.

he lets his door close with a small thud, making his way over to his walk-in wardrobe to change into a set of his night clothes.

his mother had made him choose a prince today, and because he hadn't really found any of them interesting he had picked the first one that he was told about. daniel seavey, from a kingdom about two hours away from his own. apparently he has brunet hair, deep blue eyes, skin lightly dusted in freckles, like his but more tan, and a charming smile that could win over anyone's heart.

the man is two years older than himself and was the youngest of the three princes that he was told about, the age range for a marriage like this going from twenty to twenty five.

his mother had sent a letter out to daniel's parents as soon as she'd heard the name exit corbyn's lips, and they're scheduled to meet for the first time tomorrow. and lets just say, corbyn is not excited.