"Goodnight Gaius. Merlin." you said, your tone becoming passive aggressive when you said Merlin's name. You then walked out, dragging Gwaine with you.

"What'd he do?" Gwaine asked, as he walked beside you.

"Just some differences in opinion." you huffed out. Gwaine chuckled but didn't ask you anymore questions about the topic.

The next day, Gaius told you that Merlin hadn't been in his chambers that morning. You knew that it meant that Merlin probably went through with his plan. Merlin got back later in the day while you and Gaius were working.

"If I can heal Uther, Arthur had given me his word that when he is king, he'll make magic legal." Merlin said.

"And what if it goes wrong? What about Arthur's attitude towards magic then?" you asked, annoyed that Merlin hadn't listened to you.

"We live with the risk of being exposed every day. If I don't take this opportunity, maybe we'll spend the rest of our lives having to hide who we really are. Everyone's always telling me I have this great destiny. Maybe this is it. I have to try." Merlin argued. You sighed, but didn't press the matter further. Gaius helped Merlin find a book that would have the type of spell Merlin would need. You didn't have a good feeling about the whole thing, but you didn't bother fighting anymore. It wouldn't do any good. You went home with Gwaine earlier that day while Merlin tried to figure out the spell with Gaius.

You paced around in your shared bedroom with Gwaine. You were anxious about what was going to happen. You would find out in the morning, or if things went horribly wrong, tonight. You were so lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice Gwaine watching you from the doorway of the room.

"Is everything alright, love?" he finally asked. You quickly looked at him.

"...Yes." you said, after a second. Gwaine crossed the room and took you into his arms.

"You can tell me anything. You know that, right?" he asked. His hands rubbed soothing circles on your back as he embraced you. You sighed and leaned into him.

"I know. I'm just...concerned." you slowly said.

"About the king?" Gwaine asked. You shook your head. You were more concerned about Merlin and Arthur.

"Gaius said that he won't make it." Gwaine said.

"I...I know. I'm worried about Arthur. He'll be heartbroken." you whispered. Gwaine kissed the top of your head.

"I'm sure he'll manage to get through it. Especially since he has a friend like Merlin." Gwaine assured you. You hesitantly nodded. Gwaine led you to the bed and sat you down on it.

"Just try to get some rest." he told you. You nodded and laid down. Gwaine went to his side of the bed and laid next to you. You turned and snuggled into him. You felt some of your worries fade, when Gwaine held you close. You closed your eyes and started to drift off to sleep.

The next morning, everyone was informed that the king had passed away. You quickly went to Merlin and Gaius.

"What happened?" you asked them. Merlin shook his head.

"I don't know. It looked like the spell was working. I did everything right." Merlin said, he looked shaken. You hugged him, in an attempt to comfort him. He clung tightly to you.

"I think I know what happened." Gaius said. You and Merlin parted from your hug to give Gaius your full attention. He showed the two of you a silver charm.

"I found it around Uther's neck. It's been enchanted and such an enchantment would reverse the effects of your healing spell. Uther didn't stand a chance." Gaius explained.

"Morgana..." Merlin mumbled.

"I believe so." Gaius confirmed.

The day had been filled with everyone mourning the death of their king. It was a dark and sad day. The next day had a lighter air to it. Arthur was to be crowned king. You stood with Gwaine as Arthur was officially crowned king of Camelot.

"Then by the sacred laws vested in me, I pronounce you Arthur, king of Camelot." Geoffrey of Monmouth said. He placed the crown on Arthur's head.

"Long live the king!" came from the people. Everyone clapped and cheered. Repeating "Long live the king!". It was the start of a new beginning.

Hello, sorry that it's been so long since the last chapter. But I did it, mainly because I told myself that I'd be angry at myself if I didn't do it soon. Don't know how that motivated me but okay. I'm also sorry that this chapter is shorter than the others, but I really didn't know what to do here...so...yeah. I also realized that this story is almost a year old. I don't know when exactly I started this book. Sometime after May. June sixth maybe. I'll check later. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and stay safe!