Chapter 22

Heyo everyone, this is an ending I created and just wanted to share it.

This will have slight manga spoilers because I have mentioned two new characters who are in the manga for season 2/ maybe 3. 

Have a nice day!!

________________

Second Person POV

It has now been several years after the petrification and everything had gone back to the way it used to be.

After reviving all of humanity it had been quite easy for Senku to recreate a technological civilization just as he said he would.

Currently, Senku and yourself are now 28. 

Of course, Senku still has his signature hair, the only thing that changed over the years was the bags under his eye. Fortunately, you look exactly the same, sure you grew a few centimetres but apparently to Senku who had grown much more than you had told you that you shrunk, which earned you the nickname shorty.

You had mixed feelings about the name, sometimes you could feel self-conscious about it and ask am I really that short, while other times you appreciated it, the fact that Senku addressed you by another name other than your own made you feel special.

On to another topic, for some reason, Yuzuriha had asked you to accompany Taiju and herself to some sort of even. It was a charity event where the two of them were trying to raise awareness about a certain problem they had found interesting.

You didn't really know what it was about due to the lack of information they provided you with but that was passed the point.

The only information you did receive though was that the only guests you were going to be able to recognize were, Gen, Ryusui, Ukyo, Kohaku, Tsukasa, Taiju, Yuzuriha, and Senku.

On top of receiving the guest list, you had also been asked to wear the fanciest clothing you could find. It was a formal event so the least you could do was try to fit in.

It would be fine if you didn't though, but you wanted to do it anyway. Even if it meant having to go buy a new dress, you still wanted to look presentable in front of others, you didn't want to embarrass yourself in front of Senku of all people, you wanted to look like the proper lady you were, so if that meant impressing him with your looks then so be it. 

Checking the invitation once more you made sure you memorized the date of the event, so you stared at it as if you were trying to engrave it into your head.

Why does it have to be today, sure I got this invitation two weeks ago but still. This is so embarrassing, I'm not one to look or act like a model, there's no way I'm going to look normal in front of who knows how many fancy people who are going to attend.

Noticing you had received a message on your phone from Yuzuriha you opened your email.

Yuzuriha Ogawa

Knowing you the only reason you're not going to be an hour early to this event is that you're scared about what other people are going to think about you.

I just wanted to let you know I contacted Senku and he said he wanted you to company him the entire day.

The fundraiser event is going to be jam-packed with people so finding your way around might be tricky.

As long as you have Senku by your side I know you won get lost.

Oh, Ps, I talked to Kohaku and she said there's going to be a part where you can dance and have fun.

Please dance with Senku, I know you'll have fun.

Maybe you can confess~

↩️Reply

Maybe you were over-exaggerating but now, you would just hope to the Gods something bad didn't happen that night.

Sighing you began putting on your dress.

The length of the dress was bellowed your knees and to the sides of it, it had slits. You didn't necessarily want this particular dress, it was just that you kinda just didn't want to look like a hobo so you just bought the first thing you saw.

Starting from the top of the dress it was white, going down it mixed into a light green.

When it was finally on you made you way out of the house making sure you didn't forget anything on the way.

Stepping into your car you put the directions to the event into your phone and began driving.

...

When you arrived you parked your car into the nearest parking spot and stepped out.

Taking a deep breath you though, It's okay (Y/n), this event is only going to be a couple of hours, all you have to do is go in there and do stuff.

Putting one foot in front of the other you began walking to the entrance of the building. When you got to the door you took one more big breath and walked in. From a distance, you could see Yuzuriha talking to Senku with one arm wrapped around Taiju's.

Taking a closer look at Senku you could see he was wearing a (h/c) suit.

What a coincidence, the two of you managed to wear clothing the same color as each other's hair. When Senku noticed you by the door he waved for you to come over. "Hey, shorty," he greeted ruffling your hair.

"Hello Senku," you greeted back smiling at the two of your other friends.

Your smile soon vanished when you saw the smirks on Taiju and Yuzuriha's faces.

"You two really do belong together, the clothes you're wearing says it all."

When Senku heard that he redirected his attention to you, examining your clothing of choice, he finally realized what Taiju meant.

Blushing he looked away as if it were a coincidence.

It's not like he wanted to match your hair or anything, (h/c) just happened to be his favorite color, it's not like he started liking it because he enjoyed the way it looked on you or anything, (baka.)

"Okay guys, this is the plan, when the clock hits 6:30 I'm going to go on the stage and announce why we are gathered here today, on top of that I will give an one-hour presentation about why we should pay more attention to this topic. When all of this is done you guys can goof off, there will be music, dancing, food, and more," Yuzuriha explained.

Nodding you looked at the clock, fifteen more minutes.

Walking away Yuzuriha and Taiju walked somewhere else, leaving you and Senku by yourselves.

Oh no, the two of you thought. In desperate need of another person you tried to search for either Ryusui or Ukyo if any of the two of them were in sight so you nor Senku had to stay by each other alone. After spinning in a circle you signed not being able to find them.

Tonight was going to be a long night.