The Letter

" Wake up! Wake up! Look what came in today! "  I say slapping him with the letter in my hand.

His eyes open wide but was  quickly replaced by a frown followed by a groan.

" Mademoiselle , It is nearly 7 in the morning and it is not lady like to barge in a male's chamber "  Jeanne say with a groggy voice and sighed then sat straight.

I climbed on his bed and crawled on top of him. My eyes were shinning from excitement and amusement from what I got in my hand. I waved the flyer above his face.

" Look! A letter from the Opera de Paris begging me to be a script writer and director " I laughed at how ironic this letter I got in my hand. The Opera de Paris challenged me not long ago and now they send me this ?

" Madame Elyssé! You should not be doing that! What if someone catches us in this position? " Jeanne says as he removes himself frantically on the bed. He then landed on the floor with a loud thud. His cheeks turn red from embarrassment and from you climbing on his bed.

I quickly looked over to check if he was not hurt but as soon as I saw his red face I started to laugh. He gave me a disapproving look and quickly got up to fix his clothes-trying to be presentable as possible.

" Well? What are your thoughts about the sudden recruitment? " He asks as he sits on the chair near his study.

I flickered my eyes to his direction. I raised my eyebrows and gave him a smirk.

We both know that this will happen sooner or later. This is why I was made. I was made to serve. This has always been his plan. This was not a surprise to neither both of us. I thought as I stared at Jeanne. He already knew what was happening and I did not need to say a word about this.

" I will get the carriages and things ready for tomorrow's departure " He bows. " But for now I think it is best to give me time to fix myself mademoiselle "

I almost forgot it was still early and he was still in his night clothes. I guess I got too excited even though this was all according to plan.

" Apologies , I got too carried away. Do please tell the maids to prepare a bath for me " I eye him-he's still red as a tomato. I chuckle at his adorable flustered face. I then turn to leave without waiting for his reply.

I sit in front of my vanity mirror and stared into myself. I ponder if the opera has been renovated or has it been still the same old classic opera house. It has been years since I last visited the opera. I could not wait to take over the whole opera and make them all as a puppet.

Who am I kidding  I thought to myself

I am still a puppet like the rest of them  I sighed and stood up.

I shook my head to dissolve these unneeded emotions. I needed to focus on the real plan. My Angel of Music will not be pleased if he finds out I rely on my emotions rather on what is important. I turn to my study table and began to write that he will be expecting me to arrive tomorrow afternoon.

I placed a seal on my letter and rolled it up and tied it with the black ribbon he always ties on roses. I opened up the delivery bird's cage and tied the letter on its leg.

You know where to don't you? I whispered to the bird and opened the window to set it free.

I sighed

I hope this letter will be delivered in time

It overwhelms me that this was all going to happen tomorrow. I needed to be in character and show no weakness. I stared outside the window admiring the small city I was in. All these trees , neighbors who were friendly, and the scent of fresh baked bread in thr morning will be all missed.

Just as I was getting into the scenery and thoughts I was having there was a soft knock on my door.

Mademoiselle the water and oils are ready for your bath one of the maids softly said.

I turn my head and paused for a minute. I looked at the scenery before me and closed my eyes to feel the breeze. May the Gods help me.

" I'll be there in a minute " I said with my eyes still closed.

I opened my eyes and spun around. With long strides I try to practice my demeanor for tomorrow.

Tomorrow's going to be a beautiful chaos