Chapter Eleven: Not A Party Guy? {Part One}

Start from the beginning

Iris shook her head. "No one is gonna be looking at you, Cyrus.  And if they do, it's because they're admiring the eye candy," She gave me a jokingly, flirtatious wink. I rolled my eyes, and we both laughed. After I stopped worrying about my outfit, we left my room and headed to the party. I didn't have to worry about coming home late because my foster dad wouldn't even notice. He would most likely be passed out on the couch surrounded by beer bottles.

 I wondered when I would be transferred to another house. I would be slightly sad about it since I would be losing Iris. She was my only real friend since everyone avoided me like the plague. She stood up for me when I was getting bullied in the hall. Most people would have just walked past or laughed. She was there for me when no one else was.

Iris grabbed my hand as we talked and laughed on our way to where the party was at. It was inside a fairly large house. Iris turned to me with a bright smile. We finally arrived, and the party was in full swing. "Alright, you're about to walk into your first-ever high school party. How do you feel?" She asked me. 

I shrugged. "I feel the same, honestly. I'll just be walking into a dancing sweat pit," I said nonchalantly. Iris smacked my arm as we beamed at each other. We walked in, still holding hands, and I took everything in. There was old music, people dancing uncomfortably close together, people making out. Yup, this was your ordinary high school party. I nervously around as I debated on turning around and walking through the door.

"Come on, let's dance!" Iris yelled over the music as she dragged me to where everyone was dancing. She began to dance wildly to Miley Cyrus's "We Can't Stop". I raised a brow at her as she danced. She gave me a look. "Come on, Cyrus! Loosen up a little!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes and began to shuffle around a bit. I wasn't really a dancer, and watching Iris just swing her arms around like a crazy person wasn't very comforting. I eventually loosened up and began to dance more freely. We both laughed at each other as we began to dance. After a while, Iris stopped dancing and breathed heavily. 

"I'm going to go get some punch; wanna come with?!" She yelled. I nodded, and she grabbed my hand as we pushed past all the dancing bodies. It began to get difficult to hold on to her, and soon we were separated. I called out for her, but she practically disappeared into the crowd. I looked around nervously as I began to walk in the direction she was going. I bumped into someone, and he turned around.

"Hey, watch where you're- Well, well, well, look who decided to show his face at my party," Jackson gave me a devilish smirk. I took a step back as he looked down at me.

"I was just leaving," I said, trying to turn around and leave, but he grabbed my arm and roughly pulled me back. He grinned as he signaled to the DJ to cut the music. After everything got quiet, everyone looked around, confused as to why the music had stopped.

"Hey, everyone! The queer decided to show his face," He said, earning laughs from everyone. I stood there as my eyes began to water. Everyone laughed and pointed as Jackson grinned triumphantly.

"Please just let me go," I pleaded as Jackson gave me a look. He tilted his head, and his eyes lit up.

"Hey guys, I think the queer is a little thirsty. Why don't we help him out with that," He said. Not long after, I gasped as I felt very cold water being dropped over my head. I was drenched from head to toe as everyone laughed hard. The water on my face hid my tears as I shivered from the cold. I looked up to see Iris, who was grinning brightly and taking pictures.

My heart shattered as she laughed and continued to take pictures. I couldn't be here. I needed to leave. Jackson let go, and I pushed past the laughing crowd and ran out the door. I ran and ran until I collapsed onto the ground, sobbing and shivering. I couldn't believe Iris had done this to me. I thought she was my friend. This only made me realize that I would always be alone. No one would ever want to be my friend, and I would die alone.