Part 13

Since the event was already prepared and paid off, we continued feeding the guests.

"Bea." My mom called as I walk towards the dock.

"I gotta talk to her." I said.

"Why would you do that?!" My dad asked me.

"Boys." My lola said cause she smelled trouble.

"That has nothing to do with you." I said to my dad who held my arm tightly and pulled me back.

"Stop it!!" My lola shouted.

"I'm not gonna let you do that. I mean it!" He said.

"I'm not asking your permission." I answered.

"Stop it!!" My lola shouted again but this time there is a shortness of breath. "Ahh." She sighed as she kneel down the ground.

"Bea! Elmer!" My mom called us that got our attention and snapped back our heads.

" 'La?!"
"Mom?!"

Me and my dad called her with a sense of urgency and worry.

"Somebody get a doctor?!" I shouted as we lay her properly to the ground. "La, relax ha?"

Not more than 5 minutes there is already a helicopter ambulance. They put my grandmother on a stretcher and oxygen on her face.

We all aboard on the plane and looked at my lola. I held her hand and squeezed lightly.

She slowly removed her oxygen mask and looked at me and my dad.

"You two need to stop fighting." She said weakly. "You're family."

She looked at my dad. "Promise me you'll stand by Bea, even if you don't agree with it."

My dad looked away from her with a small tear in the eye. "I promise!" He said.

Now, she looked at me. "Bea, promise me, you'll work harder to be a part of this family."

I nodded. "I-I will. I promise."

"Well then." She said and laid back again. "The spirits can take me." She closed her eyes.

"N-No." I said in a low, cracked voice.

But 10 seconds later we can still see lola's tummy, up and down. "Lola?"

She opened her eyes and blinked. She removed her oxygen mask and spoke. "I guess they're not ready for me." She said and sat up. "I'm feeling much better, there is no need to take us to the hospital, take us to the airport, please." She said to the pilot.

I sighed in disappointment and relief.

"Mom?! What.. Are you faking the heart attack?" My dad said.

"Come on!" I exclaimed. And my mom beside me is hilariously laughing.

"It's the only way I think of to make you two shut up and get us to the airport!" She explained.

**

We arrived at the airport and as soon as the plane ambulance stopped, my lola pushed me towards the exit.

Good thing that my childhood friend, Ponggay, still works on the airport as the traffic control.

She was on the tower that has all the radios that talks to the pilot.

I get my phone and dialed her number. On the second ring, she answered. "Talk to me." She asked.

"Ponggay! It's Bea de Leon."

"Hey! How are you?!"

"I have a little favor I need from you, my friend. Uhm, Jhoana, the woman I'm supposed to marry is in that plane. I got to talk to her, can you stop it?" I looked at the plane gaining it's speed.