Part 6

There were music and food all over the place. 100 people who are swarming my mom's cooking. There are champagne and drink for everybody.

One of our helpers asked for Jhoana's things and she gave it to him. We were on the sala, where we were gathered and we were greeting everybody.

"So nice to meet you Jhoana, I'm Jill. Welcome to Sitka."

"Hi." She smiled and shook her hand.

"Why did you tell me you were some king of Alaskan Henry Sy?" Jhoana asked while we were on the way to kitchen.

"How could I? We just met 2 days ago and you were basically complaining from the past hours."

"You know what?! Time out okay? People need to think that we were in love okay?"

"I can do that. I can be the loving and clingy fiance, but you.. that's going to require and whole lifetime of training."

"Ha ha ha, funny. Now when are you going to tell them we are engaged?"

"I'll pick the right time. Oka..."

"Hey Bea!" A mid 40's woman called my attention. "Hi." She hugged me and I shook his husband's hand.

"How are you Mrs. Reyes? This is Jhoana." 

She put on her smiling face and shook both of their hands. "Hi, pleasure to meet you."

"So, I always wanted to know, what does a book editor do?" Mrs. Reyes asked me.

"That's a good question Linda." A tall, muscular man approached us and interrupted our peaceful talk. "I'm curious to know the answer as well." He looked at Jhoana before looking back at me. "Hello daughter."

"Hi Dad." I said.

"This must be Jho." He looked at the girl beside me and shook her hand. "Elmer." He introduced himself.

"Uh, Jhoana." She corrected him.

"So, why don't you tell us exactly what does a book editor does, I mean besides taking newly hired writers out for lunch?"

Mr. and Mrs. Reyes laughed. "Now that sounds like fun, no wonder you like being an editor, Bea."

"No no, Linda. Bea is not an editor, he's an editor's assistant. Jho here is the editor."

"Uh, Jhoana." She corrected my dad again.

"Ah so you're actually Bea's boss?" Mr. Reyes asked Jhoana which the latter just smiled. "Well, how about that?!"

"I think I need a refill." My dad said and left.

Jhoana looked at me before following him. I'm so furious and I can't contain it so it is showing my eyes.

"Charming." Jhoana said and left Mr. and Mrs. Reyes.

**

"Hell of first impression dad?!" I said as I catch up with him.

"What the hell Bea?! You show up here after all this time with the woman you basically curse in sleep and now she's your girlfriend?"

"We just got here, could you at least wait until this party is over before scratching each other's neck?"

"I just never pegged you for a person who slept his way to the top."

"Actuallyn, I'll have you know that, that woman, is one of the most respected Editor in town."

"She's your meal ticket you brought to see your mom."

"No, no, no Dad. She's my fiance."

"What?!" He looked at me in shock.