𝟔

𝘾𝙃𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙂𝙊, 𝙄𝙇

Amore Ashley Michaels

She stood outside of the interrogation room. She watched as the officer talked to her father who was in handcuffs. Amore couldn't help but wish she could be home.

"Look man, he killed my babymother-" Amari began, as Amore watched him from out of the room. He really couldn't afford to go to prison right now, he didn't want to miss out on Amore growing up.

"Mr. Michaels, I know. But you killing him puts you in danger, you should've left this to us" Detective Turner explained to him. He had previously told Amari he had a right to a lawyer as well.

"The moment Simone died y'all should've taken care of it. He was out on the loose, and I couldn't let him get away with it. Besides, he kidnapped my daughter!". Amari seen Amore looking through the window, he was just afraid how'd she'd be affected after this.

"I'm understand. I just want to let you know there's a chance you might face four years for this. The Haughton family are very distraught by this". Amari nodded his head understanding.

"Can I at least speak to my daughter? I just wanna explain some things to her" Amari asked. He uncuffed Amari. Detective Turner nodded his head in agreement, he stepped outside of the interrogation room, where Nadia and Amore were.

"Hi you must be Simone's mother, Nadia? Right?" He walked up to her, shaking her hand.

"Yes, that's me. This is my granddaughter, Amore" Nana introduced them, as Amore stood in front of her looking up at the man.

"Well, Amari said he wanted to have a talk with her. In the meantime, can I talk to you as well?" He asked her.

"Of course" Nana clasped her hands together. Detective Turner let Amore inside of the interrogation room, sitting across from her father, while he talked to Nadia outside the room.

Amari looked at Amore's innocent face. How could he tell his nine year old that there would be a chance that he would be going to prison? Whether he liked it or not, he had to tell her.

"I'm sorry I got you into this mess, kid" He sighed.

"It's not your fault, Jasmine shouldn't have been going around" Amore shook her head, playfully. Amari chuckled, smiling at her.

"Don't say that. Look, I might have to go away for a while, I did something I shouldn't have done. So I want you to be a good girl for Nana, and behave" Amari explained to her. Tears dropped down on Amore's cheeks, even though she was never really fond of her father, he was the only parent she had left.

"Come on Amore, please don't cry" He rubbed down his face to prevent himself from crying. "Come here". Amore walked over to him, hugging him. He cradled his daughter, as she cried in his chest.

She pulled away from his chest, looking up at him. He wiped away the tears that were on her cheeks.

"You can't go" Amore frowned.

"I don't have a choice, kid. I did something I shouldn't have, now I gotta take the consequences" He sighed. Detective Turner and Nadia walked into the room, as Amari and Amore both stood up.

"I'm so sorry, 'Mari" She walked up to him, hugging him. She squeezed him tightly, knowing she wasn't going to be seeing him again. Amore joined in on the hug.

"I love y'all, take care of y'all selves" Amari said to them.

"Alright, we have to take you in Mr. Michaels" Detective Turner nodded to him. He went behind Amari, and handcuffed him. Amore watched as the Detective walked him, to the back, to change into his inmate clothing.

She wasn't seeing him again..

𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚..

Amore was home, looking through the baby album her father had shown her. She took it for memories. She was home with Nana, including Quincy, Jasmine, Imani, and Ricky.

"I feel like Chicago has nothing left me for me. I mean I had to bury my daughter, now Amari is in prison. I just need a new environment-" Nadia sighed. She wanted to move, because she Chicago had nothing left for her, but trouble.

"I understand, the girls don't need to deal with the streets, like us" Quincy nodded. He really wanted Imani to grow up nicely, but not in Chicago anymore.

"What about me? I think my daughter should stay in Chicago for a while" Jasmine argued. Quincy looked up at her, squinting his eyes.

"You already cheated on me, in front of her. She doesn't need to be around drama for the rest of her childhood. I'm so glad we not together no more" He shook his head. Jasmine crossed her arms, rolling her eyes.

"Y'all both needa stop it! Even though y'all not together no more, y'all still need to co-parent for Imani's sake. Look, I was thinking of moving to New York. It's very nice".

"Your right. It is nice there, you should take Imani with you" Quincy completely ignore the part of coparenting. Jasmine shot him a look.

"Are you serious? Your okay with sending our daughter across the state?".

"Yes, if it's for her own good. You going with Nadia too, and you're gonna be a good mother as well! I'm staying here with Ricky, until Amari comes outta jail! They both held me down for years, so why not do the same for one of em!". Jasmine went quiet, Ricky looked between the both of them.

"Yeah, I'm with Q. Amari did a lot of good things for us, I'll have to stay behind as well" Ricky added.

Meanwhile, Amore and Imani were looking at her baby pictures. "Do you wanna move to New York?" Imani asked her.

"I don't know yet. I wanted to stay here, until my dad comes out of prison" Amore said, as she flipped pages back and forth.

"Hey, you actually called him dad" Imani pointed that out.

"Yeah, I did" She smiled a bit.

𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙒𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧..

"Amore! Did you pack your things already?" Nadia shouted, as she opened Amore's bedroom door. All of her belongings were packed, Amore sat on her bed looking through the baby album once again.

Nadia walked over to the bed, and sat down next to her. "I miss your mama too" She said as she stared at the picture of Simone holding baby Amore.

"If we go to New York that's like leaving mama behind, Nana" Amore pouted as she laid her head on Nadia's lap.

"Oh baby, I don't wanna leave your mama here either, but she'd want you to live a good life there. I promise New York is going to be fun". She played with Amore's bouncy curls.

"You promise?" She held out a pinky. Nadia linked pinkies with her.

"I promise, Amore".

We'll see about that..

did this seem short to y'all? 🧐 oh yeah, i hope y'all enjoy this!

oh yeah, i hope y'all enjoy this!