one

the cab came to a stop. i thanked the driver, who helped me with my suitcases. i took a moment to gaze upon my surroundings. the house was big. it had balconies and huge, square windows. there were fruit trees growing in the long grass.

"thank you." i smiled politely at the driver, who tipped his hat. i scurried down the path and turned the corner to see the lovely married couple, who owned the house, sitting at the outdoor dining table. "ciao!" mrs perlman greeted . i smiled warmly and joined them at the table.

i soon made conversation with them and told them all about my writing and experiences as a poet. mr perlman told me some interesting facts about archaeology. soon it was nearly dark. "would you like some cena, tesoro?" ms perlman asked me. i shook my head. "no, graze. i'm quite tired." i answered. she smiled and told me where my room was. i thanked the couple and made my way inside.

i loves the feel of the house. it had a sense of the victorian/vintage era, it was intriguing. i made my way upstairs and entered my bedroom. it was a fairly big bedroom. there was a single bed and a chest of drawers, along with a balcony. there was also a door opposite the bed, i assumed it was a bathroom. regarding my urge to explore, adventure and truly get a glimpse of this new place, i decided to sleep.