15. Mixed signals

Harry PoV

everything is happening so fast. A few weeks ago I had no idea I had a daughter and thought that Lucy was out of my life forever. then i have a daughter in my life and Lucy is a huge part of my life all over again and all of a sudden we are standing here kissing each other. 

is this really wrong? maybe it is but i am still really attracted to Lucy. I could really go as far to say that i still love her. I am even in love with her. I never really stopped loving her, i just starting missing her when she left. why can't we just be together?

Lucy PoV

This is just wrong I have to stop it. but at the same time it felt so natural and I do still have feelings for him, I cant deny that. I pulled away from him and took a step back

''no, stop. harry we cant do this'' i tell him as i fill with regret

''what?'' he replies

''this isn't us anymore''

''why not, we clearly have something, and we could be a real family now. You, me, and Belle all together like a normal family''

''no.  that's not what we need to do, we agreed to be friendly for Belle but that's it''

''I don't get why we cant be together.'' he said it then we stared for a second without saying anything

''we can't be together because when we were together all that time ago it wasn't healthy. we had some really good times but we would also fight all the time and take way too many breaks away from each other. i cant do that to Belle, its not fair. i don't want her to have a life where we fight all the time and we go from being together to apart all the time''

''but that was before, who says that we cant be different now, we are both older and more mature and she is a better reason than any for us to try again'' he says as he walks over to me and puts his hand on my arm. it felt right and i didn't pull away but i know i should

''no, and we shouldn't have kissed just then, and we can never do that again. that was all you'' i reply as i pull away

''what. you have been sending signals to me all night. the dress and they way you walked in here and you have been really close to me since you got here''

''no, the dress wasn't for you it was for me to go out tonight. and I am just here for belle, and we are only close because we are in a tiny cubicle and you initiated that hug, not me''

''oh, you know that I love you in red. you should also know what happens when you are in that little red dress. after the night of Freya's birthday trip to Mykonos...''

''look. lets not keep talking about this, we need to forget that this ever happened and move on with our lives. as friends and co-parents that's it''

''no. I don't want to just  give up on us. I won't give up on us. I love you Lucy. i said it. I also never stopped and now that you are back in my life I just can't let go again. I Love you.'' he told me, I didn't know what to think or know what to do. I love him, I do him but I don't think I can put myself into us again. 

i would love for us to just live happily ever after and have a family life but if it fails then it would hurt too much.