"But why did you call me?" Ban-ryu asked uncaringly.

"That is why you are called rude," Soo-ho tutted. "Right now, your roommate might die. Is that something you should say?"

The rest of his words flew above Sa-do's head. Might die? The words were playing on repeat, getting louder each time. She staggered back a few steps bumping into someone. She spun back to face Ji-dwi. She wanted to stay strong. She knew she had to be there for Ah-ro right now. But under Ji-dwi's intense gaze, her walls crumbled.

He looked at her like he knew exactly what she was thinking. He put his hand against the back of her head and pulled her into him. Tears finally escaped her eyes, wetting the front of his robes. A muffled sob passed her lips and the others finally noticed her presence. They eyed her worriedly. Ji-dwi didn't say anything. He just held her there, his silent presence bringing her all the comfort.

...

Seon-woo finally woke up. Saying he was a little startled to find himself lying between Soo-ho and Yeo-wool would be an understatement.

"Did you wake up?" Ji-dwi said, gaining his attention. Ban-ryu and Ji-dwi were sitting on stools, waiting. Ignoring Soo-ho and Yeo-wool's silly banter, Seon-woo glanced around the medical room.

"If you are looking for your sister, she is not here," Ji-dwi said knowingly before continuing, "she wasn't able to sleep for four days and endured it. Sa-do finally managed to convince her to get some rest. You know Ah-ro's stubbornness. It wasn't easy."

Seon-woo nodded, feeling bad for making so many people worry about him. "How many days have passed before I woke up?"

Ji-dwi hesitated momentarily before answering, "four nights and half a day."

When Sa-do entered, she was shocked to see Seon-woo awake and she quickly ran to him and hugged him tightly. "Scare me like that one more time and I will kill you," she promised, trying to sound threatening, but failed because of the huge load of relief that laced her voice.

...

During lunch, Ah-ro was waiting outside the dining hall to talk to Seon-woo but he acted cold as he pushed her away. Metaphorically.

Sa-do frowned as she watched Ah-ro stress-clean the entire medical room. "Why is he ignoring me? Is it because he forgot?" the doctor asked rhetorically as she swept the floor.

"What do you mean?" Sa-do queried and after a ton of coaxing she got Ah-ro to divulge about their kiss. But the disclosure only made her more upset. She left her friend that day, feeling helpless.

The next time Sa-do saw Ah-ro, the girl was in a much better mood. "My oraboni is back," she said gleefully. "I don't know what happened. I think Ji-dwi spoke to him or something but he is talking to me again," she cheered as she gave Sa-do a warm hug before skipping off to buy some medical supplies.

...

After their sparring session Sa-do stopped Ji-dwi as the others flitted out to their next lesson. "Thank you." Ji-dwi raised an eyebrow in question. "I don't know what you said to Seon-woo but you obviously did a better job in making him understand than I did. It's such a relief to see Ah-ro smiling again. Thank you," she expressed gratefully as she wrapped her arms around his waist. Then suddenly realizing her actions, she pulled away and quickly left, her cheeks a warm pink.

That night Ji-dwi sat up suddenly in cold sweat, the nightmare still vivid: his mother shooting an arrow at Sa-do and him not able to reach her in time as it pierced through her. There was some movement that sent him into high alert. He felt his mattress dip.

"Ji-dwi? Are you alright?" he heard an all too familiar voice as a small warm hand rested against his shoulder. He did not hesitate to wrap his arms around Sa-do and pull her as close to him as he possibly could, burying his face in the crook of her neck, breathing deeply as he tried to convince himself that it was not real.

Sa-do did not protest at the sudden contact on sensing his fear and distress. "It's alright. It was not real. It was just a nightmare," she whispered soothingly as she stroked his head in gentle comforting caresses. After Ji-dwi had calmed down, she forced him to lay back down. "Get some sleep," she encouraged softly.

Ji-dwi grabbed her hand and Sa-do could sense his hesitation and unwillingness. Sighing, she laced her fingers through his and patted his shoulder with her other hand. She whispered in an assured and promising tone, "don't worry. I am right here."