XIII. Reoccurring Nightmare

TW; assault, violence

Sitting alone in your new hotel room was both a blessing and a curse.

The room Igo had assigned you was beautiful; antique wooden paneling covered the roof and floor as the walls glowed a muted creme color. In the middle of the room sat a large couch and coffee table, positioned directly in front of the bed. The open space reminded you more of a loft apartment, rather than a normal hotel room.

The refrigerator in the far left corner was chock full of your favorite foods and alcohols- the ones that were hard enough to get you drunk, but too light to make you black out. Perfect.

The balcony was almost as great as the rest of the room, but nothing materialistic in your new home could beat the view of Rako.

The same populated beaches and dense forests you had spotted earlier now seemed so close to you, almost as if you could see every family playing on the beach and every bird singing in the trees.

Igo had watched as you ogled at your new room- looking a bit too pleased to be staying in such an old hotel.

But it being old was what attracted you so much. A shiny chandelier in the middle of your room would have been too tacky- but this place was just right for you.

Besides the small window in your quarters back on the base, the only view you'd ever come to know and love was on your muddy, rainy home planet.

Everything there was either covered in dirt or crawling with insects.

But here, even the old oil paintings that were crumbling apart were a sight to see. The only thing that could make this room more perfect was Kylo- who just so happened to be staying in the room right next to yours.

A small part of you wished the Knights weren't so wealthy so you could have shared a room with Kylo. Then maybe, just maybe, you could get to spend another night with him. 

And maybe, just maybe, you could get one last kiss from your Supreme Leader. 

After sauntering around your room for quiet too long, Igo decided it was his time to go. You knew he had "important business" to tend to, so watching him wave a short goodbye and bolt down the hallway didn't upset you as much as you thought it did. 

Hours after he had left, however, were not the same story. 

You'd already slept on the trip there, so it was no use when trying to rest in your new hotel bed. Not after eyeing all of the ruckus going on in the heart of Rako.

You could hear everything from your hotel room- singing men, screaming women, children laughing, and a big mess of ambiguously gendered humanoids drinking far too loudly and partying way too hardly.

Half of you prayed to the stars that the people of Rako would at least stop their celebrations when night fell- but as the sun went down, the city folk only grew louder and louder. 

The other half of you, however, would do anything in this very moment to walk right out of your hotel room door and join the party that was only a block away. 

For stars sake, you've been here for hours already. And you'd finished the Beauty and the Beast quite some time ago.