Chapter 9 - Incident

Xavier awoke lying on the bathroom floor with the scale at his feet, not that he could come close to seeing it. His headache emerging, his back cold from the tiles. All his fat made this fall much less crucial than the last. 

He tried to sit up but found his belly in the way, as well as tiredness. He rolled to his side and reached for the sink to heave himself up. He slowly stood up and stood still trying to gain balance and full consciousness. He saw his reflection in the mirror as he was walking out. 

His whole body bigger than it was earlier the day before. His face rounder, his stance wider, his walk-waddle and double chin more pronounced, his belly not covered by the shirt, his moobs taking up the rest of the shirt. He tugged it down, only for it to reach his belly button. 

Then he breathed out, revealing his true self. His shirt almost immediately rode up to his moobs and his belly surging even more forward. He walked out of the bathroom, got stuck in the door and had to go through all of them sideways now, and went over to his bedroom to try to get clothing that looked the least bad. 

His largest shirt he brought not long ago only came down to his belly button. He decided to try on the compression shirt he got for public outings. That went over his belly most of the way and pulled it in closer to him, the difference definitely noticeable. He put on the shirt, again. It wasn't great, but definitely an improvement. He could pull the shirt down to wear the compression shirt came down. Perfect, he thought, I'll just go get more clothes wearing this. 

He got dressed in tight trousers and baggy underwear, his whole outfit uncomfortable, but it was just for a shopping trip. He sat down in the car and drove to the big 'n' tall store not too far away. He lifted the compression shirt up so it wasn't tugging at his belly while sitting down, which made his belly exposed up to his belly button. 

He walked into the Big 'n' Tall store with a few other big, tall or big and tall people in there. He knew his current size was a 3XL. He went to get a 4XL. He went over to the changing stalls and tried it on. It covered his belly nicely, looking a bit snug. He then realised he was wearing the compression shirt and realised he couldn't fit into this shirt he had.

He went and got a 5XL. It fitted somewhat loosely around his belly. He then took the compression shirt off. His belly surged forward upon its release, tightening his underwear and trouser waistband. He put the shirt on. It fit snug onto his belly, but he could go up a bigger size, even two. 

He put back on his clothes and grabbed a 7XL. It fits nicely, not too loose but didn't look too tight either, just right. He grabbed pants that size and tried them on as well. They fit nicely too, not almost cutting his blood circulation off. 

He got a few pairs of those and some underwear and put on his old clothes to go pay. He was walking towards the cashier when he felt a bit yawn coming. He stretched backwards and lifted his arms up. He then heard the dreaded sound of ripping. He stopped instantly as he saw his belly leap forward as the compression shirt ripped from under it. His shirt rode up to his moobs and his trousers popped at the button. 

He stood there helpless as he saw his only defence tear from underneath. Defeated, he slipped on one of the shirts he was going to buy and decided to buy it that way. No one else laughed at him. As many of them were also big, they felt sympathy towards him as they have, or could have, been in that situation. 

He paid for the shirts, including the one on him and was allowed to change into clothes in their changing room. He put on his new clothes that felt much better and sped out the store, as fast as he could waddle, to his car and drove home. 

He got home feeling so low he just got the ice cream and soda out and comfort ate them. However, he didn't know how soda and ice cream mix. He wouldn't know either until he finished the whole tub and soda bottle and finished watching the movie he put on. Let's just say...the last thing he needed to see his belly poke out from underneath his shirt without him pulling it up.