"Fin?" when I didn't answer, I felt his hand touch my shoulder. "Sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

I sniffled, trying to sit up but as soon as I lifted my face from the floor, Eli grabbed me and pulled me into his lap and hugged me tightly, making sure that I couldn't move away.

"I'm sorry," he repeated. "I didn't mean it, babe, I'm sorry, sorry."

Despite almost suffering a full-on panic attack, I cracked a smile. Eli was so cute when he was concerned. Shut up mind, he's trying to apologize for scaring you to death.

"Why're you smiling?" Eli asked suspiciously. "You were just crying."

I nodded, still trying to fight the smile that was spreading across my face.

"What?" Eli whined, prodding my shoulder gently. "I don't like it when you smile and I'm not in on the joke."

"Someone's jealous," I teased.

Eli pouted and he looked so adorable that I pecked him on the cheek, surprising him. "What was that for?" he asked, bringing a hand to his cheek.

"You're just so adorable," I said.

Eli huffed, looking offended. "I am not adorable! I am sexy, I am a manly man!" he exclaimed, puffing out his chest.

"You're adorable," I deadpanned, and Eli pouted again before I pecked him on the opposite cheek. "You know," I added. "Pouting isn't exactly helping your case."

"I'm not adorable," he mumbled, still pouting.

I kissed him on the lips this time, briefly, before pulling back. "You are," I confirmed, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

Eli searched my face before leaning in and kissing me properly, nothing like the little pecks I had been giving him. The only kiss that could compare to this was our first one, and they just kept getting better. I closed my eyes and Eli pulled me closer to him, so I was basically sitting on his lap with my legs around his waist. Eli mumbled something against my lips, and I started to get more confident.

I trailed my hands up his chest and into his hair, where I tugged gently, and Eli made a muffled sound into my mouth, making my ego soar. I slowly moved my hands down, feeling his chest and muscles that defined his frame, and as my hands trailed lower, Eli pulled away, saying, "Shit, Fin, stop, please stop."

I pulled back instantly, a blush coloring my cheeks as I fiddled with my fingers, awkwardly staring at the ground. "S-Sorry..."

When I looked up, Eli was frowning at me. "You don't stutter around me," he said, stating something that I hadn't even noticed, to be honest.

"S-Sorry," I tried to explain. "B-But you told m-me to stop-"

"Fin," he interrupted, grabbing one of my hands and holding it. "I'll be damned if that wasn't a great kiss, but if you would have kept going; I would have done some things that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me to do."

I blushed when I realized what he meant, and at that moment, Luke and Allie leapt to the top of the stairs and absolutely covered us in silly string.

Say what you will about my brother, he always managed to butt in in the most awkward moments between Eli and I.

...

"So, you're dating Eli," my mom said, not asking, just stating it.

I almost choked on my water, spluttering before speaking. "How did you know?!"

"I didn't, until you just confirmed it," Mom said, a gleam in her eye.

Damn it. Walked right into that one.

"But," she continued. "I don't want to see my daughter get hurt. Boys like Eli only stick around to get one thing."

It took me a moment to get what she meant. "Mom, Eli doesn't want me for sex."

"That's what girls think," she replied softly. "But boys like that trick you, they make you fall in love then drop you at the first sight of another girl."

"Eli isn't like that," I insisted, but my mother was determined.

"Honey, I'm just saying, watch your step around Eli," she warned. "I've met boys like him before. They seem lovely, but then they just leave you brokenhearted."

"So what are you trying to say?" I challenged.

Mom raised an eyebrow, as if silently demanding that I minded my attitude. "All I'm saying, honey, is that I don't approve of Eli, not yet. He hasn't proven anything to me yet, just that he can put on a nice appearance. I don't trust him."

"Thanks Mom," I said, my throat tight. "Thanks for telling me that the only boy I really truly liked is going to break my heart and that you don't like him. Really, thanks for that."

With that, I stormed out of the kitchen, heading straight to my room, where I climbed out of my window and down the tree, heading somewhere, I wasn't really sure, but all I knew was that I needed to escape my world for a while.

_______________________________________________________
heeey guys sorry for not updating in forever, i just couldn't get to a computer, but here it is, and it's pretty long actually, lol, i hope you like it, and i don't think i did the war part justice, but whatever, here it is. i hope you all love the new cover, i do it's made by @theGenius16 it's exactly how i pictured the cover i wanted, it's beautiful, no? Anyway, please enjoy, i missed you guys :) Bye!

Love ya!

-T A Y L O R