Chapter 51

Finley's P.O.V

I didn't go home.

Well, I did, I just wait straight to the tree outside my bedroom window and up to the roof, where I was now sitting hyperventilating. I feel... I don't know. I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm not going to tell Eli. He's going to freak out and muder Trey and even though he did try to rape me, he apologized.

I had no one to turn to.

Except...

I pulled out my phone, which was now cracked, the bastard, and dialed a number that I hadn't in a long time.

"Hello?" Allie answered.

"Hi," I squeaked. "Um, its me."

"I know, I have caller ID, dummy," she laughed. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry to have called you, with what's up with Luke and stuff, but I didn't have anyone else I could talk to and-"

Allie cut me off with a laugh. "Just because Luke and I are broken up doesn't mean we can still be friends."

"O-Okay," I said flustered.

"What's wrong?" Allie asked, sounding much more like a stern mother than a college partier. "What happened?"

"Someone tried to rape me," I whispered. "But he just tackled me, he didn't touch me or anything."

Allie was quiet for a second. "Fuck," she swore. "Are you okay? Did you tell Eli? Who was it?"

"His name is Trey Fuller," I whispered.

"I'm gnna kill the bastard," she hissed.

"Don't!" I protested.

Allie paused. "Why the fuck not?"

"He didn't actually do anything," I explained. "He just tackled me. He apologized and threw up because he was so guilty and disgusted that he tried to rape me."

"Big deal!" Allie burst out. "So what, he puked? That doesn't mean shit! He probably just had a bad pie for lunch or some shit! He tried to rape you, Lee, this is a big deal."

"But he didn't," I insisted. "He said that he loved me but he knew that I wouldn't have loved him if he went through with it."

"Well, la dee fucking da for him," Allie said. "Okay, honestly, that's so fucked up. Who does that? Apparently this kid, and by doing this, all you're doing is giving permission to do it again, don't you see? Rape is not a light subject, this is pretty damn serious."

"I know its serious," I said.

"Then enlighten me, Lee, on how you just want to skip on home and not tell anyone about this, about how someone almost raped you, for God's sake, and you don't want to report him."

"You weren't there," I tried to explain weakly but Allie cut me off.

"No, I wasn't, but damn, I know that rape is not a normal thing and you should report him, and if you won't, I will, Lee, I swear to God, because this is not normal and unsafe for you and other girls at your school," Allie spat.

I considered this, and realization hit me and I brought my hand up to my mouth. "Oh God," I sniffled.

"Lee?" Allie sounded concerned. "Are you okay?"

Trey tried to rape me. He was going to do it, touch me in places I hadn't even let Eli near, and completely and utterly invade me in the most vunerable way ever. Oh my God.

I think I'm going to be sick.

I retched and clamped my hand over my mouth, trying not to spill my lunch all over the roof's tiles.