Chapter 52

Finley's P.O.V

I was nervous.

I was nervous for a multiple of reasons. 1-Luke was being moody and I wanst sure if he was drunk and yelling or just silently proclaiming his heartbreak. 2-I wasn't sure if Trey was going to appear in my room in the middle of the might or not. And 3- I was nervous about telling Eli.

I wasn't sure how he was going to react and I was worried he was going to get mad at me for not telling.

But I had to tell him, so I told myself I was going to tell him when we got a moment alone.

I was driving to school when I came up with this notion. Luke had finally been hsome early enough in the morning for me to take my car to school and I missed it. I missed driving in general. It was soothing, especially in moments like this.

I pulled into school and parked in my spot, which luckily hasn't been filled it. People tended to ignore their parking passes and just go wherever there was an open spot.

I grabbed my backpack and headed into school, taking the stairs to the basement to my locker. As I went through my combination (24-38-8) Calla approached me.

"Hey," she greeted."

"Hey," I replied, pulling my lock off. "What's up?"

"I want to take As ton out on a date," she said bluntly. "Help."

"What do you need help with?" I asked, dropping my math book on a shelf.

"I don't know what to do," she whined. "Help me Finley."

"I would suggest not a restaurant," I said tactfully.

Calla nodded in agreement. "I thought about that, but then where should I take her?"

"She likes movies," I said, shutting my locker. "And music."

"Yeah, I know that!" Calla said. "But what should I do for a date?"

I did my best not to laugh. "There's this festival going on this weekend at this church in town. Take her there. There will be bands playing and stuff, and rides. Kind of like a carnival."

Calla's eyes lit up. "Thars a great idea!"

"Well, I try," I chuckled.

Just then, the bell rang. "Thanks Finley!" Calla gave me a quick hug before dashing off.

I laughed quietly to myself, shaking my head slightly. Calla was hilarious.

...

In government, which was my second hour, Ashton came up to me. "Guess what?"

"Chicken butt," I said, turning around

Her face momentarily looked annoyed but immediately she smiled again. "Calla asked me out on a date!" She squealed.

I stifled a laugh. "Really?"

"Yes!" She said, almost jumping up and down in excitement. "I'm so excited! She was talking about this carnival fair thingy and I can't wait!"

She babbled on, looking and sounding so excited that I smiled to myself. Love truly was beautiful.

...

There was a new student. I leanred this is Biology, when the teacher introduced her. Her name was Alex and she was wearing all black and had a lip ring like Eli's and a lot of piercings in her ears, with dark hair that was dip-dyed red and she had earbuds in her ears and she hid her face behind her hair and Eli stiffened when he saw her.