Then, without warning, Rose's eyes snapped open, flaring their normal yellow-green color, except her pupils were widely dilated from her intake of the deliciously sweet blood. Recognizing the taste of the blood, she quickly looked over and saw Lily sitting right beside her. Panic flooded her and she immediately closed her mouth and turned her head away from her arm, grunting as she struggled against her restraints.

Pulling her arm back to herself, Lily's body deflated as she was released from the sickening pressure of feeling her blood being pulled from her.

"You need to bandage that," Holden quickly said, grabbing gauze and tape and handing it to her over the table.

As she took the medical supplies from Holden, feeling a bit numb and floating, she watched the very last wound on Rose's abdomen close up, all the blood disappearing as if nothing had ever happened. Lily was honestly astounded at a vampire's power to heal.

Breathing heavily from the girl's blood still dripping from her lips, Rose looked around wildly, her eyes full of confusion. Sitting up as much as she could, she looked down to her restrained wrists and ankles, struggling against them. She then noticed that she was shirtless, and she glanced to Holden to see his hands were bloody. Hesitantly looking over to Lily, afraid that she would get the urge to continue draining her, she watched her wrap gauze around her arm slowly as if she was sleepy, her face pale from blood loss.

Having no recollection of what had happened, Rose scrunched her eyebrows and exclaimed, "What the hell is going on?!" Her voice was tremulous, her chest heaving.

Holden chuckled a bit tightly, still strained from the stress of everything that had happened. "Lily here just saved your life."

Quickly glancing up to him, Lily threaded her brows. "You're the one who got the silver out of her, Holden."

Rose's eyes widened slightly. "S-Silver?" She felt like she had been drugged and was experiencing some kind of psychedelic trip.

"You got shot with silver," Holden explained, walking to the cabinet he had mangled and much more calmly searching through it for some iron tablets. "Here, Lily." He opened the bottle and took a tablet out, walking over to the blonde and handing it to her. "Take that with water." He nodded towards the sink near her.

Carefully watching Holden hand Lily the tablet over her body, Rose felt guilt and confusion all at once. She watched the girl walk to the sink and bend down to drink from it. She tried to remembered what had happened, how she had ended up getting shot. She knew it wasn't in Scottsdale, for she remembered leaving the Duke's castle in one piece. She then remembered getting an alarmed feeling as she was leaving and immediately speeding home, and that's when everything hit her.

"Oh," she breathed, letting her head lay against the table as her body relaxed. "That's right. I played lawyer and divorced that bitch from her head."

Lily winced at her words, not being able to help but feel bothered by it, especially from the sight of Jasmine's head rolling on the floor. Even though the newborn vampire had tried to kill her, Lily felt like everything was still her fault. If she had never gotten them thrown into that castle, Jasmine would've never been manipulated into morphing into a vampire. Gripping the sink with her hands, she just let her head hang over it as she listened to the water run.

Sensing what Lily was feeling, Rose looked over to her. She felt guilty for making Lily upset, but she knew it was what she had to do. "Release me from these, Holden," she mumbled as she jerked her wrists against the restraints again.

"I don't know," Holden began with a smirk, "I like the idea of not being bossed around."

Clenching her jaw, she slowly turned her face towards him with her threatening glare, amber striking through green.