"What?!" Lily exclaimed, walking closer to the table. "But you got them all out!"

"I know, but she's weak!" he exclaimed, placing his hand against her neck and feeling how cold it was, as if her skin had been chilled by the winds of death threatening to come upon her.

Lily ran her hands through her hair, her entire face screwing up as she stared at Rose through her teary vision. "What can we do?!" she shouted, a frustrated and helpless feeling arising within her.

Holden also ran his fingers through his curls, closing his eyes and turning in circles as he tried to think clearly through his own emotions about his best friend dying on the table before him. Then, remembering what was running through Lily's veins, he quickly turned to her. "Your blood."

"What?" she asked, her breaths stilling.

"Feeding always strengthens vampires. It will get her body to heal faster, especially your blood!" He looked at her desperately, his forehead damp with nervous sweat.

Lily shifted her eyes to Rose again, seeing how her cheeks seemed to be sinking even further inside themselves, her body visibly seeming to waste away before them. She looked at her chest and her stomach, the fresh blood oozing from her wounds and causing a pool of blood on the table that even spilled over and dripped onto the floor. Without second thought, she quickly nodded in agreement. "O-Okay."

As she walked over to the table, Holden took a scalpel from the tray and turned to the girl who stood on the other side of the table. He held his hand out, and upon seeing her look at him nervously, he gave her an encouraging nod. So she stuck her arm out to him, and he quickly sliced the scalpel on her skin, blood immediately forming from the sharpness of the surgical tool.

She winced at the pain and followed Holden's lead as he brought her wrist over Rose's mouth, her blood dropping from the cut and landing right against the vampire's pale and parted lips, splotching them with crimson color. He then pushed her wrist against her mouth, aligning it with the cut, so that the blood would drop down her throat.

Holden and Lily both waited for a moment, nervously glancing towards each other, until they saw muscles in Rose's neck clench, signaling that she had swallowed. Lily then felt her mouth move against her wrist, and Rose's hands suddenly jerked against their restraints, her legs quickly following.

Lily felt Rose begin to suck from the cut, the feeling causing her to wince and bear through it for her sake.

His wide obsidian eyes looking to Rose's bloody wounds and seeing that they were beginning to heal, Holden broke into a nervous smile, feeling the burdening stress and fear lift from his shoulders. "It's working!" he exclaimed. He flashed over to a sink and grabbed a rag, wetting it with cold water before returning to the Queen's side and patting the blood from her wounds, his own hands bloody from removing the bullets.

Her skin losing the ghastly tone and returning some of its color, Rose began to move more against the restraints, her wounds healing faster as she sucked the blood from Lily's vein harder.

Beginning to feel faint, Lily dropped to her knees onto a low cart beside the table, accidentally knocking nearly everything on it to the ground. Holden quickly looked to her and noticed her eyelids growing heavy. "Just a little more," he told her assuredly, glancing back to the vampire's wounds that were almost done healing.

Lily kept her eyes on Rose, on the way she was still drinking her blood while unconscious, on how her elegant neck and tensed and relaxed every time she swallowed. She felt her body begin to grow cold, but she wouldn't dare to pull away until she knew that Rose was going to be okay.