Ruined City Underground IV

RS: So, about taking you to the shelter...

(Y/N): Just point me in the right way. I'll deal with getting there.

RS: It is a long way to go on your own and injured.

(Y/N): ...

RS: You can come with me for now. There's a government official that spends a lot of time in my home.

(Y/N): Now, usually I would start plotting a way to escape since this sounds too good to be true. But I've met some good people today and he's also been nice to me.

(Y/N) looks up at the stranger, and instinctively his eyes dart towards the exit path.

(Y/N): Damn it, I can't.

(Y/N): Thank you, but I think it's safer to be by myself for now.

RS: We can get you a meal and a bed since it's almost night time. By what that girl told me, you've been through more than any human should in a single day.

(Y/N): They were talking about me? No, hold up..."We"?

(Y/N): How many of you are there?

(Y/N)'s question is unintentionally posed with a somewhat antagonistic tone, and consequently brings the atmosphere to a more confrontational state.

RS: There's four of us, five with the cerberus officer.

Silence falls upon the two, knowing he's been invited to a house full of revenants (Y/N) tries his best to remain open-minded.

But at the end of the day, he is simply too hardwired to accept this. For him, walking inside a revenant's den is the equivalent of ringing a dinner bell and sitting on a plate.

(Y/N): So, where is that shelter?

RS: Listen to reason. For how much longer can you strain that leg of yours? Come with me to rest for the night, I can even give you some simple medical treatment.

The stranger reaches for one of his pockets, bringing out a piece of paper.

RS: This paper has all the information you need.

(Y/N): I trust you about the shelter, but I am not following a stranger on my own.

RS: I understand your skepticism, but isn't it a better chance than being out here on your own?

The stranger maintains a calm tone in an attempt to calm the human down. Not wanting to see more people needlessly dying is what motivates him to really make this offer.

(Y/N): Listen, I appreciate the—

*CRASH*

Both men look up the exit ramp in alarm as the loud noise takes their attention, focusing on listening to whatever may be happening outside. Oliver's voice can barely be heard from where they stand.

Oliver: Take her and stand back!

(Y/N): That sounds bad...

Wasting no time, (Y/N) starts running outside to help them.

RS: Hold on!

(Y/N)'s POV

As I dash up the exit, the much needed sunlight briefly blinds me to my surroundings. Once my vision returns to normal, a quick glance at the middle of the crossroads is all I need to assess the situation.

Luca is crouching in a corner holding a poorly dressed woman, while Oliver barely resists against a stone crusher that is bigger than usual. All across the floor are the dissipating bodies of other revenants which means this thing either got the jump on them or is also extremely tough. The size and fact it cornered Luca and Oliver implies the toughness bit is true.