I searched for Hagiyama during lunch but somehow, I was caught up with Mira chan and when I got time, I just couldn't and neither his friends so the school time went by without able to tell Haruya san about the meeting. 

I could ask Fuyuko san for his number but I didn't know how to explain her about not having his number on another phone. Hagiyama didn't tell what was going on, and with everything going on, my head was a mess.

"*Okaeri! Aya, freshen up and get changed to the new clothes directly. we are leaving in 2 hours," Mom called up on me as soon as she saw me enter. I sighed in defeat. Till the last moment, I couldn't inform Haruya san about it. Does he know about this?

"Arakawa san!" I greeted as I found her waiting outside my room. "Ma'am seems to be in hurry," she said and I nodded. "I'll be there after you're done taking bath," she said and I nodded and hurried past her. As I went to room, my Kimono was ready on the bed. I guess I wont get time to call him before meeting him directly there. I sighed in distress and went for a quick shower. 

With Arakawa san's help, I was all ready with the baby pink floral Kimono. Till the last moment, I didn't get a chance to call Haruya san and inform about it. I was all filled with panic and nervousness as to what was going to happen. 

Is the marriage really going to be fixed? And we really get marriage after my high school? And we will be told to have babies. We will be parents and they will grow old and have babies. Is there no way out of this situation? What will happen now?

"Aya?" Mom's voice cut through the chain of my thoughts. "What's wrong? You don't look okay," she said while looking at her hand mirror, checking out her lipstick. "Just nervous," I replied simply, trying hard to hide that I might pass out of this burden of nervousness. 

"Don't worry. You are already dating him, it's just fixing marriage and that's not going to be right away. This is like official business meeting with two families. You don't have to worry anything," she said and gave a light hug, so she wont ruin my Kimono. "And you look really great, there is not many chance I can see you in this attire," she said and acknowledge my dressing again. She had been doing this a several times since she saw me in this Kimono. 

"Ah, there he is. We are leaving now, let's go," she said as she saw dad coming from his study. He had been on some call for long, keeping us wait. I could use this time to call Haruya san but mom wouldn't let me leave from there. I sighed in exasperation, worrying for the future that awaited for me. 

Am I going to be mother of Haruya san's babies? But I want to be mother of Hagiyama's babies... Wait a minute... I interrupted my own thought and blushed to myself. Thank god, no one can read thoughts! 

The hotel we landed up on was really luxurious and very spacious. Whole hotel was covered with red carpet and chandelier. A hotel staff led us to a room, where they were already waiting. Many people around greeted us while we went past them and I bowed them in return. 

"I didn't know you were this famous," I whispered to dad and he shrugged. 

"I come here very often for business meetings," he explained. 

"Here is the room, Nakanishimatsu Sama," the hotel staff halted in front of a room and opened it for us. The hotel was made with all modern interior and decorations, but this room was traditional and had sliding doors unlike others. But quite oddly, it didn't stood out like it should. It perfectly matched with everything around. 

"Yuujirou," the man, my soon to be husband's father stood up and so did Haruya san, who was just beside him. From his expression, I could tell he had no idea of what was going to happen. "It is good to see you too, Darya san. And Aya chan! You're all grown up, you may not remember me but I still remember the time I took care of you. You look really amazing today," he complimented and we all greeted him back as well. 

His dad had little less hair and little more belly than what I saw in the video. 

We all settled down around the table, me sitting just across Haruya san. He looked at me in horrid expression and I think I wasn't looking any different. 

"So tell me how did you two meet?" His father questioned the most unanswerable question and we looked at each other. Little did anyone else in the room knew, my heart was about to explode any minute. 

How is this time going to pass? Is there going to be other pile of lies on already existing ones? 

All the lies I was living with was suffocating me all at once at the moment. I think this wasn't the best idea we came up with. But what can we do to better things up? I could think of none. I couldn't just blurt out his truth to his father. I did tell him I would help him, but I was being no help to him at all, and I felt guilty about it. 

What to do now? 

"Aw, they are shy," mom chirped in as there was no response from either of us. 

"But it is so surprising. We were planning for her and Akito kun but they two got together," my dad said and both dads laughed. 

WAIT WHAT?

I looked at Haruya san and he looked like he heard this for the first time as well. I think he knew their father was planning a marriage but even he didn't know which son of his they were talking about. 

Now that I come to think of it, neither Arakawa san, nor my dad mentioned who I was marrying with. They just said Hagiyama san's son and I had assumed that must be Haruya san. 

Now what?

"With that expression, you never told her about the marriage, didn't you?" their father grinned at my dad. He shrugged and replied, "I didn't want to scare her off so early," they laughed again. 

I looked at Haruya san for help. 

If it goes too far, I'm going to end up with Haruya san and his babies. And I definitely not want that to happen. And neither does he.

He gulped and looked down at the table. Here I was, feeling like my heart would blast any minute. I was clueless as to what to do, when suddenly Haruya san spoke up for the first time beside greeting. 

"We are not together," his words brought pure serenity in that instance. They all went quiet and looked back and forth between me and Haruya san.

. * . * . * .

Hope you're enjoying the story! I guess this story will come to an end on chapter 50 or so. (finally!) I hope you'll stick till the end!

My sick update: so it's been 5th day and I still have high fever. I have high fever and cold quite often, but this is the first time it's going on continuously for so long. Fever goes down once and comes back high again and it's like in unstable condition. I hope it just goes away once and for all soon. 

Stay safe from corona!

~snickers