V1: Chapter 2

Glossy black hair and red pupils. Even if he didn’t want to, he could feel that Harold’s face had the features found on people outside Japan and even far away from Asia.

Roughly 140 cm in height and as expected, aged approximately 10 years.

Dressed in a pure white shirt with a cross-tie and knee-high half-pants, he had the appearance which was exactly like a painting of a young boy coming from a distinguished and noble family.

Hirasawa Kazuki had become Harold Stokes. It seemed hard to accept, but with this, he had practically confirmed that this was the truth.

Neither the reasoning nor the process was understood. Well then, should this situation be gathered as possessing a person or should it be fine with viewing it as a frighteningly real dream. Or maybe, Hirasawa Kazuki had switched places with Harold Stokes, or it might also be that the consciousness of Hirasawa Kazuki had been birthed by the delusions of the owner of this body that had gone crazy.

The loss of a factor to verify one’s self. Attacked by a feeling of as though loosing all the support from his feet, at the same time as he put his hands on his knees, which had lost almost all their strength, he held back the sense of nausea which was welling up.
His breathing was agonizing and his visibility was dyed white due to vertigo, while his gastric juices rampaged around in the opposite direction.
In any case, it was an awful feeling.

Shall I throw away everything as it is and just sleep – With such irresponsible feelings, Kazuki collapsed onto the bed. He didn’t have any willpower left to work out his thoughts.
Waking up after sleeping and telling 「It was all a dream, I was seriously flustered」- muttering that, he wipes off his cold sweat. Clinging onto that hope, as his consciousness was drifting off, it was pulled back into his body due to the knocking sounds on the door.

「……Come in」

The thought of feigning ignorance passed through his mind.
But before he could think deeply about it, he gave out a reply.
It wasn’t clear whether it was Harold’s will or Kazuki’s subconsciousness.

(Ah, but I wouldn’t abruptly tell them to 「Come in」)

Without even knowing who it was, talking in such a rude manner, Kazuki wasn’t a person who didn’t know about courtesy. If that is the case, like before, did his body move on its own?
Since he had already replied, without a choice, he raised his languid body up while thinking such thoughts, which put him in an even more depressing mood.

While that may be true, it wasn’t as though the visitor would  refrain from entering into the room. A man with greying hair opened the door, bowed respectfully and stepped inside the room.
Looking at his face, Kazuki realized who the other person was.

Norman.
He, who serves as a butler in this estate, given the nickname- 『Conscience of the Stokes house』 by the players, is a character affectionately called as 「Norman-san」. Since he was just a butler and not a blood-relative, he wasn’t a member of the Stokes family.

Anyway, he, who becomes a refreshing agent to the heart in the event related to the highly ranked and valued Stokes house, stepped into Kazuki’s (Harold’s) room.

「Excuse my rudeness」

「What business do you have?」

「To be honest, I want to consult Harold-sama about…….」

Norman’s words trailed off at the middle of his sentence.
Feeling suspicious, Kazuki intently watched Norman’s face. When he did that, the words which followed, bewildered him.