Meeting the Other Hollands (Tom's POV)

Y/N and I arrived at mum and dad's house. She seemed really anxious about meeting my parents, so I put my hand over hers and smiled. " They're going to love you, Darling" I said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible but honestly I was just as nervous about them meeting her as she was.

There was just something about Y/n that drew me to her, maybe it was her shy smiles or tiny spurts of giggling when I would say something weird or even the slight freckles that brushed across her nose that were as shy as she was. Who knows, but it gave me a strong urge to protect and care for this girl who had evidently been abused throughout her life.

As she only had her small backpack I waved at her to go open the door so that I could bring in my suitcase easily. I heard the door click open and then, "SPLOOSH".

When I looked up I saw Y/n standing there covered in a green and slimy material, that my brothers must have cooked up to drench me but had landed on her. Paddy yelled "Surprise!" at the top of his lungs expecting to see me in the doorway but seeing, embarrassed and close to tears, Y/n instead.

Y/n took off in the opposite direction running, I called after her " Y/n! Come back!" but she had started sprinting. Harrison came out of the house, looking very confused, but seeing me chasing after Y/n and followed me, both of us straining to keep up with her. Soon we had completely lost her and It was getting dark so we gave in to returning to the house and trying to find her again in the morning.

When we got home, mum was standing on the doorstep, looking equally cross and worried. " Where have you too been!" She exclaimed " I come out of the house too see my son who has been away for 3 months, and what do I find, him and his best friend running after a girl who was completely covered in green goo! Then you boys don't return for two hours!" she was completely shrill by the end of her lecture.

"Hi, mum" was all I could muster before Harrison and I started laughing. This seemed to make her even more cross, as she walked up to us and took us both by the earlobe, even though she was a good inch shorter than me and two inches shorter than Harrison, and dragged us into the house. When inside she sat us down on the settee, then proceeded to make me explain everything.

After I finished telling her the entire story she made a decision " There is no use trying to find Y/n tonight, it is far too dark, we will eat supper and have a full night's rest then, tomorrow morning we will all go out looking for her. She can't have gotten very far if what you say is true, Tom, and that she does not know the area and has no money.

When I was finally in bed, I lied awake thinking of how cold Y/n must be all alone and lost but fell asleep with a comforting thought of how we were going to find her the next day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I hope you all enjoyed! please take a moment when you are done to vote on the chapter as well as leave little comments on ideas to where you want this story to go and critiques on my writing. It is always appreciated. 

Charlie.