05|The Last of the Real Ones

'Cause you're the last of a dying breed
Write our names in the wet concrete
I wonder if your therapist knows everything about me
I'm here in search of your glory
There's been a million before me
That ultra-kind of love
You never walk away from
You're just the last of the real ones
(You're just the last of the real ones)
You're just the last of the real ones
(You're just the last of the real ones)
You're just the last of the real ones

Two days went by quickly. And in those two days, Ed acted different towards me. But that's expected. I practically tore out his heart and fed it to the vultures. Very hungry, starving vultures. Winry seemed to notice too. And I have a very strong feeling that Al knows (because Ed told him after Al told him off for his bullshit of which the blonde boy had plenty) or suspects about what went down between us.

Winry sat across from me on the train to who knows where (I only know it holds the Library of Undefined Knowledge) while Alphonse and Ed sat in the seats across the aisle from us. Most likely blondie's idea. I sighed and turned my attention to the scenery passing by. Only time I would ever see it in this perspective. Hopefully. "[Y/N]," my head turned away from the window and to the blonde that called my name, "what happened? With you and Ed?"

I sighed. "It's complicated." I turned back to the window.

"It probably isn't." she replied.

"I..." could I tell her? Tell her what Aphrodite told me? Tell her that Greek Gods are bored themselves and like playing us mortals like dolls and action figures and toys in order to be entertained? "broke up with him." No. I guess not.

"Really? You broke up with him? What for?" That last question sounds more like the beginningnof a gossip sess than anything.

"Complications. But we're teenagers. Technically, we don't understand love until well into our twenties so a teenage romance is mostly fantasy and nonexistent." I told her. Aphrodite told me it was quite the opposite.

"You expect me to believe that bullshit? No non lovesick idiot is going to grieve for their love's death for weeks. A lovesick idiot cried for your death for weeks and you expect me to believe that dribble?" asked Winry.

"Yes. Now, could you please drop it, Winry? Please?" I asked her.

She sighed, but nodded nonetheless. I turned back to the scenery. I barely noticed her get up from her spot across from me. And I almost missed her arguing with Ed before he grumbled and sat across from me.

"Elric." I nodded at him before looking out the window. This train could not get there fast enough.

"[L/N]." Ed replied.

"I'll choose you. In one hundred days." I hesitated on saying the next part. "Because I'm going to destroy a god."

"A god?" Ed said. Puzzlement. Was that his tone? Abso-fucking-lutely.

"Yes. I'm going to destroy the god who is the lover of the god of war. For us." I told him as I grabbed his hand in mine. "Promise you'll wait for me. For one hundred days. Maybe a hundred and one days if I'm being pessimistic. But I promise it'll be worth it."

"A lot can happen in one hundred days. Why wait that long?" Edward asked.

"Because that's when she's powerless. Aphrodite loses everything." I told him.

"Why do you want to kill the god of love?" My blonde asked me.

"She brought this on herself. She told me she'll make that specific aspect of my life interesting which is normally god speak for hard and difficult because we're nothing but a game to them. And I'm not going to kill her. She can't die. But I will destroy her. For us." I told him.

"I don't know." Edward started to trail off.

"But it's just like with Roy Mustang. He wishes to destroy the military from the inside. The corrupt military must learn their lesson. Just like the gods. They need to get their asses handed to them. Everything needs to change. For the better." I told him.

"[Y/N], why must you be the one to do it?" asked Ed.

"Because I'm the last of a dying breed. I'm the last of the real ones." I told him. "One hundred days, okay? Please?"

"One hundred days. Three and a half months before I can call you mine again." replied Edward.

"Oh, I think you're mistaken! I'm not yours! You're mine!" I interjected.

"Nuh uh! You're mine!" Edward told me.

And the petty argument continued.