Chapter 2

* * *

"White flowers."

Perhaps the intruder entered Garnet Palace through a flower garden. When he saw the petals that had fallen next to the footprints. That was what Claude thought

Once every few days, when the intruder came into his palace and buried their pockets, Claude always dug them out again, repeatedly.

------------------
There were always tiny, peeble-like gems in the pockets and odd bits of gold that seemed to have been gouged from somewhere or something. From Claude's point of view, they were destitute things that no one would have, no matter who gave them to the intruder.

The intruder seemed to have not even noticed that the pockets they had buried in the soil were no longer in their original position. I'm wondering, you're not a distraction intruder, are you?

Moreover, they seemed to have tried to bury the pockets with all their heart, but the finishing touch is sloppy.

This was the case with bumpy soil grounds that were not flattened properly, the shovels that were always hidden in the same place, and the footprints that huddled around the pouch.

Like a child playing house.

......Children?

"Your Majesty, is there anything bothering you?"
Claude' steps abruptly stopped at a sudden flash of thought. It seemed as if something could come to mind again, but soon it sank quietly back.

Do you not wonder what happenned to your gems ?A moment later, Claude replied "Nothing."

I didn't want to dig it out. I didn't want to think about anything, and everything was annoying.

"That reminds me, I found pockets in the king's office lately. May i ask what they are?”, asked Felix, who was walking behind Claude, wondering.

"I found the pouch very cute, just like the little baby's I saw at my aunt's house when I was young. The embroidery  on the outside was a flower with a white petal with a yellow tints, right?”

"Was that a flower?"

"Wasn't it?"

"I thought it was a bird's egg"

This time, instead of moving back where Claude had stopped, Felix stopped.

Your Majesty... ... why in the world would a bird keep its egg in a pocket?

But Claude was already walking far ahead , so Felix gave up asking him and just walked behind Claude

"It must have found the wrong nest."

Claude said, recalling the twinkling things in his pocket. But unable to see the contents of his pocket, Felix tilted his head suspiciously at his words.

Oh, are you bored again?

Claude's steps were directed toward the South Gate, not the place he normally frequented.

For a few days the unexpected 'guest' seemed a little intriguing, but it also became annoying.

"Your Majesty, in front of...….”

"I know."

At first, I was just going to ignore it. But now I want to stop.

No, is it really alright to end it?

Isn't the true nature of Claude De Alger Obelia is to completely cut off the last strings of attention by turning a blind eye to what's in front of him?

But why, now he's walking after a something that feels far away.

As if something invisible was pulling him, drawing him near.