Chapter 4 - The Change

From then on, Lisa closed herself off from the world, just like she did when Jack left. Except this time, she didn't lock herself in her room or cut herself, the scars reminded her too much of the pain she felt. Instead, she only spoke when spoken to, and usually responded with a 'yes' or 'no'. (Except to her friends, whom she chatted with, though still not as much as Myra.) But one subject she absolutely refused to speak of was that of her feelings, for after the letter, she felt no more, except for her brother, although no one knew that. She did not feel sad when someone's rabbit died, or happy when she scored top marks in her exam. However, she put on an act that fooled teachers and other classmates. 

She had three close friends - loud and gossip-y Myra, shy Alfie and understanding Emma. Out of the three of them, Emma was the closest, as she did not push Lisa to talk when she (Lisa) didn't want to, and listened without interrupting on the few occasions when Lisa spoke.

The teachers, all of them, saw Lisa as a quiet and well-behaved girl who was good at studies and always did her work on time, the parents saw her as friendly, and her classmates as a box 'meant' to be opened.

Lisa cried easily. That was the main downer about her, because one was not to mention her brother, the war he went to, death and quite a few other topics around her (unless she mentioned it, but that did not happen more than once every six months...), because she would run off, face in her hands, to a secluded place and would not allow anyone to come near her for at least half an hour.  

A/N: I'll try to upload within the next few days... this is all I've done, plus another later chapter.