60

"Fuck," I sighed.

I must admit, his last message left me dumbfounded. I expected to see him tonight, alright. But I never thought it's gonna be like this. I massaged the bridge of my nose as I stared blankly at the glass in front of me, contemplating if I should go face the situation and talk to him or should I just ignore his message and have fun at this party.

I glanced at Hyatt and Theris who were sitting beside me. They were both busy looking around, probably finding some people they know. Or maybe cute guys.

Just like what happens always, I'm with my cousins at this table.

"I know what's up," Austin whispered to my ear.

With wide eyes, I looked at him.

"If you're thinking you should go talk to him, yes. Give him a chance, Achi. Maybe he isn't as bad as you thought he was when you ghosted him."

I bit the insides of my cheek and stared at the glass in front of me again. Austin already left me and went to talk to the other guests. I, for the nth time, sighed again.

What the hell.

My eyes roamed around the place until it met a familiar pair of brown eyes. It was him.

He looked like he was pleading me to go talk to him and clear the past out.

I sighed and stood up from my seat, heading outside the venue. I didn't even answer my cousins' questions about where I was going. Few seconds passed and I saw Igo following me.

My heart was beating fast, knowing I'm going to talk to him again after years.

For the past three years, after what Gavynn has told me, I avoided him and never responded to his messages. I felt guilty about it—ghosting him and acting like I didn't know him.

He was then someone close to my heart and it was like I was that lovestruck high school student again. Everything was going great until I heard some news.

The thing was, I believed it right away without asking him and confirming everything. I assumed that what I heard was the whole truth that I didn't even bother to talk to him about it. It was my mistake.

I glanced at him as he approached me.

"H-hi," I almost slapped myself in the face when I stuttered.

He smiled.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong back then. Up until now, I still don't know what and why it happened but whatever it is, if I've done something wrong, I'm so—"

"You did nothing wrong," I cut him off. "It's just...it's me."

His brows furrowed, looking more confused because of what I just said. I closed my eyes for a second and breathed deeply.

"It's on me. Someone told me you were dating some girl from your school and they even told me that if I continue talking and going out with you, I might mess your relationship up."

"What?" He asked, still confused.

I closed my eyes a bit. I had no idea why but for some reasons, I was afraid of looking at him straight in the eyes. I breathed deeply and gathered all the courage to tell him my reason. The whole of it.

I opened my eyes and I saw Gavynn beside me.

"Wake up. We're here," I let my eyes roam around. I was sleeping in his car. Right. He picked me up after school.