Chapter XIII: Altared

Start from the beginning

Oobleck: "We set a camp. But not here. As I was exploring I saw a building with damaged second floor. We should be able to get there and be safe."

We followed Oobleck to the place he was talking about, set a camp and put down our sleeping backs. It was already evening and we started to talk about what we saw.

Oobleck: "Me and Zwei here were exploring those buildings around mostly. I didn't find any signs of hideout." Zwei barked once in agreement. "What about you Ms. Belladonna and Xiao Long?"

Blake: "We were just walking through some streets. We didn't find anything either."

Yang: "Not even Grimm. It was strange. I thought that place like this will be surrounded by Grimm of all kind. Ruby, Weiss what about you?"

*Blake's POV*

Weiss: "Well we found something interesting."

Ruby: "Yeah it was in a cave-"

Oobleck: "Cave? I never heard about caves in here."

Ruby: "As I was saying it was in cave that was in the end of main street."

Weiss: "When we entered we thought it was just small cave but then I noticed a really narrow passage that was between the rock wall."

Ruby: "And when we passed the passage we saw some kind of ancient altar." My eyes widened.

Blake: "Can you say that last part again? I think I didn't hear you clearly."

Weiss: "We saw some kind of ancient altar. Better listen more carefuly next time you dunce."

Blake: "Could it be?"

You: "I think it is. Ask them how it looked like."

Blake: "How did the altar look like?"

Ruby: "There were 5 stone pillars in a circle and some kind of stone platform in the middle of it."

You: "Yep. They found it."

Blake: "Are you sure?"

You: "Well not exactly but when I showed up in heaven the same altar Ruby described was in there."

Blake: "Now to convince Oobleck to go there."

Oobleck: "I never heard that people of this once great city had altars. Let alone in caves. We should investigate it tomorrow."

You: "That was easier than I expected."

Blake: "Are you surprised? Oobleck is history class teacher after all."

Port: "And I thought Port was the one teaching about history." I laughed mentally.

Blake: "That was.... hilarious."

You: "What?? His stories are too ancient."

Blake: "Same as their teller himself." Now I heard Y/N laughing.

You: "Wow I didn't laugh like this.... ever. Now Blake It's too late you should go to sleep. We have a great surprise for everyone tomorrow to make."

Blake: "Yeah night Y/N. See you tomorrow." I went to my sleeping bag checking the stones on the way. There were all of them so I zipped my pockets again and lied down, my hand still on my pocket.

*Morning*

I woke up my hand still on the pocket feeling those stones. I looked around and everyone was asleep.

You: "Morning my beautiful kitty, sleep well?"

Blake: "Yeah I did. So..... today's the day."