Ch.1

~5 Years old Ren Shuyang and 1 year old Gou Gou~

Shuyang's POV.

We sang in the car as we rode in the car.

My mother was in the passengers seat and my dad was driving.

I was seated at the back seat with my sister and my dog GouGou.

It was my 5th birthday and we were going to celebrate at Disneyland.

My dad drove the car and as he was driving, a loud honk came from in front of him.

There was a car right in front of us.

My father drastically steered the wheel but couldn't make it in time.

We crashed into the car in front of us, causing a fire.

My head was dizzy but I was still conscious.

Sirens sounded from the distance. I looked to my right and saw my younger sister, unconscious.

Soon, smoke developed in the car and everything went black.

~

I woke up in a white room. A hospital?

"Dad?" I called out and looked to my right.

My younger sister was on the bed next to mine. Unconscious with a bandage around her head.

"M-"

The door opened, revealing a doctor and a nurse.

"Oh, you're awake." The doctor said and stood next to my bed.

"W-Where's my mom and dad?" Was the first thing I asked but then, a vet came in, GouGou in her arms.

"Your mother and father are in a separate room but are doing fine as well as your sister. You, however, managed to have zero injuries." The doctor said and I looked at my body.

Nothing hurts...

"G-GouGou..." I called out and looked at the veterinarian.

"Here, he's completely fine too." The woman said, putting the Australian Shepherd down.

"Doc! Come here, it's urgent!" A nurse shouted and the doctor in front of me ran.

I was left alone inside the room with GouGou and my sister.

"GouGou... I hope mama and baba are okay..." I pouted and pet the fluffy animal.

GouGou let's out a sad whimper.

I let out a sigh but then the doctor came in.

"Child... Your mother and father are... In a better place now." The nurse said and sat down.

"O-Oh..." I let out and tilted my head down.

~~~

A few days past and I was finally let out of the hospital along with my sister who managed to fully recover.

"Where do we go now..." I ask myself but then heard the door of the hospital open.

The doctors were kind enough to stay with me and my sister for until we get adopted.

The doctors and nurses talked with a tall handsome man.

Once they finished, the man looked at us and smiled softly.

"Hello, I'm Im Jaebum but you can call me whatever you want." He held his hand in front of me as I still held my sister.

"Let's go?" The man asks and I look at his hand, hesitant to take it.

After deciding for a short moment, I took his hand and we walked to his car, GouGou following us from behind.

"Are you okay? With... Calling me baba or do you want to call me something else?" The man said as he drove.

"Uhm... Can we just call you... Mr. Im?" I ask and he nods.

"Okay, as long as you two are comfortable with it." He smiled and continued focusing on driving.