Target 0: The Princess, Changed by Dreams

Age 6

The princess had her first dream about a boy younger than her having brown hair and brown eyes. His body engulf in soft orange flames as if in embrace. The visions were so vivid. The young boy was laughing in a field full of colorful flowers together with a beautiful woman and a man who she knew as Mr. Iemitsu Sawada. She met the eccentric man a few weeks ago and she remembered. 

But enough of Mr. Sawada. After all, he is not special. What really caught her attention was the young boy with him. Radiant and kind in demeanor.

The boy was carried by Mr. Sawada. What a nice family, she thought to herself. The boy promptly jumped from Mr. Sawada's embrace and was then engulfed by rainbow colors of flame.

The young boy was surrounded by the dancing rainbow flames. But then ... the flames froze into huge spiky ice blocks. It shattered and now the two of them were suddenly surrounded by plenty of corpse in a dark place. The boy was now crying and so was she.

She woke up screaming. 

Her mother immediately entered her room and comforted her. She told her mother everything that she saw.

Her dreams signified a new beginning. The ninth boss of the Vongola Family, Timoteo, was immediately informed of her dreams. In just a day, they were summoned by the boss to the Vongola castle for an urgent meeting.

Timoteo is a kind old man and though she only met him a few times, the princess was at ease.

The princess described the boy to the kind boss. The princess also described the cause of her fear at the end of the dream. Timoteo listened carefully. When she was done talking, he looked at Mr. Sawada from a corner and gave him a distraught gaze. They are worried for the boy, she thought. But the worried look on Timoteo's eyes was immediately replaced by a kind one. It was just probably in my head.

"Remember all their faces and the color of their flames," Timoteo instructed with a smile.

The princess nodded and promised that she will. Timoteo didn't tell her why but she was willing to understand the meaning of her dreams. If she had to do it alone, she will. She may be young but she fully understood that mafia secrets cannot not be easily revealed.

Age 9

The princess was annoyed. She was informed on her 7th birthday that the name of the brown haired boy on her first weird dream is Tsunayoshi Sawada. She was also right because she learned that he is the only son of Mr. Iemetsu Sawada.

She was fuming with irritation as she held a binocular observing Vongola Nono and the Sawadas enter their household. Her own mother thought that she was being livid but for her, it was humiliating to hide their presence in a pole of electricity while trying to get a look.

What a waste of effort to follow Nono a few hours after his flight to Japan and not even test the strength of this Tsunayoshi. Mr. Sawada promised that she can see him but she cannot meet him for some reason. "I'll let you observe my cute dear son from afar so you'll see how cute he is in person," the eccentric man said on the phone while they are locating the Sawada household. They were just in time to see the group enter the house.

The boy seemed shy especially when it comes to Timoteo. They had been observing long enough but it isn't enough for the princess to be satisfied. She hasn't observed Tsunayoshi properly and she had had enough. It became even impossible to see properly after the group vanished in her line of sight.

Her mother, easily distracted because of the heat, got surprised when she ran fast towards the house. Her mother waved for her to come back but she ignored her mother's heeding. She ran and stopped just a few feet away from the front gate.

Should I ring the bell then enter or should I just open the gate and enter? she asked herself. She stood silently pondering what she should do. She was only freed from her stance when she felt a soft fur touching her legs.

She looked down and saw a small dog trying to get her attention. She picked it up and cuddled it. What a cute dog.

Decidedly, she walked towards the front gate and there she saw the young Tsunayoshi playing alone with his ball. There she realized that the boy is not so special after all. He looked weak. He looked like someone who cries easily over small things. 

Tsunayoshi threw his ball and it rolled right in front the gate. When he saw her, he tried to smile but it was immediately replaced with fear in his eyes after seeing the dog she was carrying. The dog barked at him loudly and Tsunayoshi seemed truly scared even though he was clearly safe while the dog is in someone's embrace. When he tried to pick up the ball, that's when she made another decision.

She let go of the dog and watched as Tsunayoshi ran away while crying. 

It was at that moment when he turned his back on her that she finally realized what's different with Tsunayoshi—there was a soft orange flame on his forehead.

PRESENT DAY

Somewhere Southeast of Italy, 1 month before p̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ meeting the Tenth Generation Vongola Famiglia

It was probably due to the bad weather that a certain princess of a small yet strong mafia family woke up irritably. There is nothing new to that but she liked attributing all her problems to inanimate or even abstract objects. No, she decided. It was probably because of the location of their castle. It's the 21st century after all. What kind of a modern family still resides in an ancient castle in the middle of nowhere? Well hidden, yes, but well enough to make her focus? No.

She took a deep breathe and tried to remember her dreams again. It has been like this for the past 5 years. She should have informed Vongola Nono about the weird turn of events on her dreams but decided against it. After all, the tenth generation Vongola Family is slowly making their own names in the mafia. All is well, right?

She had never met Tsunayoshi Sawada with his guardians but they've been stacking up remarkable deeds worthy to be recognized. The Vongola Inheritance 3 years ago was cut short after the Shimon's attack so the whole 10th generation is still a family in waiting but she received enough reports that already puts the family in high pedestal.

"I truly regret not watching Vongola's battle for the rings," she thought irritably.

"I should have attended the ceremony and at least introduce myself even though I knew that something bad would happen," she thought another and sigh.

"I should have agreed to Arcobaleno Fon's request when he asked me to be one of his representative in the Rainbow battle years ago so I'd at least experience fighting them," then another.

She tried to focus on her dreams again. Her head aching for trying.

This is bad. This is bad.

She'd waited long enough. All of Tsunayoshi's guardians are reportedly immensely capable but despite their competence, the dreams doesn't change. One of them has to go. One of them has to be replaced. Only then her dreams will finally make sense, she's sure. Only then the Vongola Famiglia will continue to remain at their strongest.

It's time to go to Japan, she decided.