four.

I sat on a stool at a table, a soldering iron in my hand as I singed together two copper wires, Bruce working on the large machine that would house the pager

I sat on a stool at a table, a soldering iron in my hand as I singed together two copper wires, Bruce working on the large machine that would house the pager. My hair was pulled up messily, and I had barely even gotten changed, wearing one of Steve's old shirts over a tank top. I hadn't slept a wink, staying up all night as I listened to Steve's breathing, syncing mines to his which always helped calm the thoughts in my head.

I had woken up right at the crack of dawn, coming down to the lab and starting up a blueprint, which Bruce had come and perfected at a normal time of the morning. Steve had also come to join us, or to be more specific he came to look after me, but he was giving us enough space to work so I wasn't going to complain. "Can we track the signals it's putting out?" I asked Bruce as I looked over at him, setting down the soldering iron as I picked up the copper wire, walking over and handing it to him.

"We could but I don't think it'll do much" Bruce said to me as he pushed his glasses further up his nose, holding a screw driver in his hand. "We can't speed them up so all we can hope for is that she's getting the signals" he told me as I nodded my head, knowing his was right as I looked back down at my work, picking up the soldering iron once again as I held it in my hand for a moment. There was a faint pushing noise as I looked over at Steve, who pulled his phone out of his pocket, looking down at it.

"It's Rhodey, I'll be right back" he said as he looked up at me, almost asking for permission to leave the room as I smiled at him. He walked through the doors quickly as I set the iron down onto the heat pad, looking over at Bruce once again. "Where's Rhodey?" I asked him, pushing a loose piece of my hair behind my ear, Bruce looking at me over the top of the large case he was hidden behind. "He flew out to Washington this morning" he told me as I nodded my head slowly, Rhodey normally dealing with the political side of our actions as he already had formed connections.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I sat there in my silence, wondering whether or not I wanted to know why Rhodey was on Capitol Hill right now. "Instructions from the Oval office?" I asked him quietly as he looked over at me cautiously, nodding his head slowly at me. "We are hoping so" he said as I nodded my head, turning back to my work station. I knew for a fact that they were keeping small bits of information for me, not for any particular reason but the fact that I hadn't been asking for any of it.

"Damage control should be picking up soon right?" I said quietly, not turning back to Banner, who I could hear wasn't working anymore, setting down his screwdriver. "We can hope so" Bruce said quietly as I let out a small sigh. Without damage control we can't actually know the real numbers of the event, and without that no real decisions can be made on behalf of the world governments. The problem was that they were giving us chance to reverse what had happened, but there was no time frame for that. So without a chance of reversal, damage control was just an idea that was floating through the air at the moment.

"I'm done" I said to Bruce as he stood up, walking over to me and looking down at the wired and nodding his head. "I can finish it off myself now" Bruce said to me as he took it from the table, smiling at me weakly before walking back over to the large machine he had been working on. "No, it's alright, I can stay" I said to him as nodded his head, continuing to work on the battery silently. Bruce had become very reclusive since we came home, he left his room more than I did but he barely talked to anyone.

He was writing equation after equation on whiteboards in his own lab, sketches of machines littering the tables that looked like he was working on something big. "How is your foot?" he asked me, looking over his glasses at me as he reached over and picked up his screw driver again. "What?" I asked him, turning around in my stool and leaning against the table. "You hurt your foot right?" he said as he pointed at me with the screwdriver before he looked back at his work.

"Yeah, it's alright now though" I said to him as he nodded his head, picking up a drill as he made sure it was working quickly, the hum filling the room. "That's good" he said to me before working, making me nod my head as I just sat and watched him, not particularly having anything else to talk about, not that either of us wanted to indulge in a conversation.

——

A/N: okay so at this point what i'm trying to do is establish how eachother avengers are feeling after the snap (Bruce is silent, Rhodey is angry, Steve is trying to fix everyone, Ally is panicky all the time, Thor thinks he failed and Natasha is trying to ignore her emotions) just wanted to clear that up
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: okay so at this point what i'm trying to do is establish how eachother avengers are feeling after the snap (Bruce is silent, Rhodey is angry, Steve is trying to fix everyone, Ally is panicky all the time, Thor thinks he failed and Natasha is ...