The beginning of an End

Four years elapsed. Mia was now nine when my mother died ,back at home I found out my father did passed away because of the lung cancer the local alcohol was much of a course to his death. I wondered why they kept it shut but as he was careless of his own safety nobody really cares with all the drama he caused In our lives and the society at large.

I knew that I couldnt help raising Mia on my own, mother was a big help when she was around I could go out manage to do some local works and feed the family so I had to look for a permanent job that could financially help us.

After a year and a half I managed to have a job at Bamaga Indian restaurant. I worked as a chef for almost four years, this job saved us a big fortune cause It wasnt far from home so I didnt have to use bus fares since I always walked my way back home. After three years Mia graduated her primary school education, i was so happy that finally I could educate her, I didnt have a lot to offer when I'm gone but I thought educating her would do her great.

Mia grew up to be a very beautiful girl, she had these big round black eyes like Amney I teased Aria but before I continue I looked at her face and she looked like she was ready to pop the question real quick, I murmured let it out with a smile

"I was wondering where I got the brown ones" she rolled her eyes then said "yours are also dark grandma" Aria insisted

"Its from your fathers side" I acknowledge with my eyes full of sorrow.

I couldnt help but weeping, the coming story brought tears to my eyes, Aria was silent but she knew what happened afterwards. She wept bitterly while looking at her grandmother. It was the beginning of her mother's short and depressing life until her death.

After a long soundless moment, I managed to say something and throw myself in a dark hole of my only child's sad life story.